Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blkjakk

Hi everbody, East TN new SG owner here

Hi all, I just bought a new SG Ebony Standard (traded my Ibanez S series in on it.) Can I just say I LOVE THIS FREAKIN BEAST! Bought it, brought it home, plugged it in and love it. I only wish that Gibson had not yanked away all the little mom and pop music stores' right to carry Gibson guitars. Anyone know why Gibson did that move? Guitar Center is a joke (every guitar they carry ought to be labeled used because of the tweeners playing the crap outta them and scuffing them), but no one else in Knoxville, TN is able to carry Gibsons. Anyhow. I researched all the SGs and was close to getting a faded SG or SG voodoo but in the end I really liked the Standard better. Looking forward to hearing other SG owners' stories, complaints, issues or praise and DIY stuff. Ciao' ??

They are doing the same here in the UK. Word is the only reason they dont have only 2 or three carriers of their guitars, is the facy that we dont have any big stores (like guitar centre etc) and most music shops in the UK are independent.

They are doing the same here in the UK. Word is the only reason they dont have only 2 or three carriers of their guitars' date=' is the facy that we dont have any big stores (like guitar centre etc) and most music shops in the UK are independent.[/quote']

independent stores are better... i love em. they look after thge stock and the customer

fantastic guitars arent they !! I know what you mean about Guitar Centers, they have every wanker for miles in there all day long, dont know that I could work there because of that !! anyways, welcome to the forums and post up some pics !!

Pics please, and congratulations! Unfortunately I had to resort to GC as well for mine, only place within 2 and a half hours that sold them.

Hi, and welcome from west TN. Just got a new standard last week, myself. Have had a special faded for two years and got hooked on SGs[biggrin] Here's mine.

IMG_0336.jpg