Gibson Brands Forums

Celebrity Rockers

jimmiJAMM

These double-threat celebrities have attempted crossing over to make some serious music. Have they succeeded? Guess it's a matter of opinion. Tenacious D definitely rocks. Can anyone think of any others who've given it a whirl?

Kevin Bacon's band, The Bacon Brothers

Russel Crowe's band, 30 Odd Foot Of Grunt

Jack Black's band, Tenacious D.

Bruce Willis' band, The Bruce Willis Blues Band

Keanu Reeves' band, Dogstar

And Johnny Depp has jammed with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Shane MacGowan and Oasis.

I had heard that JD wanted to be a rock guitar player before he became famous as an actor' date=', I never seen him play before, he's got a pretty cool style though with his guitar slung low like that ,, its amazing he has ANY time to practice though !! [/quote']

Yeah, he was in a bunch of bands before he hit the West Coast and started making movies. Nicholas Cage introduced him to his agent and the rest is history.

Rock on, Billy Bob! [blush]

Well... both of Rick Nelson's parents were big band types...

Blues Brothers is one of the few non "shoot-em-up" movies I've really enjoyed in the last cupla decades.

Never heard Costner's band, darn it. But his saloon in Deadwood has a lotta movie memorabilia. And yeah, that guitar is gorgeous. Hmmmm.

All kidding aside, though, a lot of the actors of the 30s through 60s were definitely multi-talented - singing, dancing... Jimmy Cagney could do both and also was among the earlier U.S. judoka pre WWII. They just weren't always in position to be as obvious as in the smaller combo "band" era.

Consider, for example, Gene Autry and Roy Rogers although they weren't "rockers." They still sold a lotta tickets. I think it got more difficult in the rock era.

Personal opinion is that one might make the argument that actors can make good entertainers outside a sound stage simply because they are actors...

m

Well... both of Rick Nelson's parents were big band types...

Blues Brothers is one of the few non "shoot-em-up" movies I've really enjoyed in the last cupla decades.

Never heard Costner's band' date=' darn it. But his saloon in Deadwood has a lotta movie memorabilia. And yeah, that guitar is gorgeous. Hmmmm.

All kidding aside, though, a lot of the actors of the 30s through 60s were definitely multi-talented - singing, dancing... Jimmy Cagney could do both and also was among the earlier U.S. judoka pre WWII. They just weren't always in position to be as obvious as in the smaller combo "band" era.

Consider, for example, Gene Autry and Roy Rogers although they weren't "rockers." They still sold a lotta tickets. I think it got more difficult in the rock era.

Personal opinion is that one might make the argument that actors can make good entertainers outside a sound stage simply because they are actors...

m

[/quote']

All that's true....but let's face it......Leonard Nimoy just ain't right!

Yeah, but did ANY of those guys get their own "Inspired By" line of guitars?

Gibson Custom Shop Inspired By Kiefer Sutherland KS-336

sutherlandguitar.gif

The Gibson Custom Shop is proud to present the Kiefer Sutherland Inspired By KS-336.

Designed in close cooperation with the legendary film actor and star of the hit series 24,

the KS-336 is based on a Custom Shop CS-336 model that Sutherland fell in love with.

sutherland.gif

The Kiefer 336 features a tonally chambered back and sides made from a single piece of mahogany.

The top is carved, two-piece maple.

The top finish is based on the unique look of an aged Goldtop.

- Custom has affectionately named the color Kiefer Gold.

The fretboard is ebony, with a classic Super 400-style inlay.

The hardware is aged nickel and the guitar has a bone nut.

The pickups are Gibson ’57 Classic Plus humbuckers.

The result is the beautiful and distinctive KS-336, a unique and exciting addition

to Custom’s critically acclaimed Inspired By series.

Yeah, I forgot Seagal...

Not my cup of tea but there was, as I recall, some pretty tight stuff. The style kinda surprised me given the rhythms of aikido which are a bit different, or at least so it seems to me.

I s'pose you could toss in Chuck Norris??? <grin>

m

Archived