Gibson Brands Forums

Your Ultimate Snackfood

Artie Owl

I lost 45 lbs and snack food is what put it on. No fast food at all and no snack food.

I feel like I'm 30 again. I eat 3 meals a day and I cook them myself so I'm always

getting something I like. Oh I work out everyday to. It's tough getting old I used to

be able to eat all I wanted. Not any more.

CW

hELP Help help .......I have become a lard as$ and need to try and live more tha another 5 to 10 years

...........what I gotta do ?

Blackie...

This is not a joke: At 28 I felt the same way. Quit drinking anything with sugars, which included anything alcoholic or "soda." Went back to training from maybe 2-3 hours a week to no less than 6 hours a week to start... increased that to around 8 in the first six months. That didn't count three 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. night band gigs and a 48-hour day job work week.

For two months roughly it was more or less an early 1900s Japanese diet heavy on veggies, fish, rice and soups. I dropped 20 pounds over about 3 months and, believe me, clothing sizes changed. Then it was back to regular meals of whatever tripped my trigger, although later on, figure a lot of Korean-style food.

For what it's worth now, that mindset has me at a shade under 160 at a bit under 5-10. I'm way out of shape compared to back when I was only 50, but... <grin> whatever. I should get back to working out more than a couple, three hours a week - but this time to gain 3-5 pounds while lowering body fat percentage. I really should. Might do it, too.

m

1 can refried beans

1 small can "mexi corn"

1 can drained diced tomatoes with chilies

2 green onions diced

5-6 1inch cubes of cheddar cheese

heat on stove top till "all melty" while stirring

eat with corn chips as a dip.

I like your style, sister.

Me? Blue corn chips covered in chihuahua cheese and some diced, canned chilies. Throw it onto a baking pan and put in a 350° oven for about 15min or until the cheese is nice and melty. Serve with plenty of beer and some hot salsa like Frontera chipotle salsa. & NO CILANTRO!!!!

Archived