Gibson Brands Forums

Mojo made me do it...METALLICA....

swleary

It's not like I held a gun to your head or made you sit in an electric chair. Buuuuuut since were on the topic...here's one of my fav clips. The best part is at 3:35 when Lars leaves the backstage area through the curtains and you hear the crowd go ballistic.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Hearing thousands of rabid Metallica fans screaming during "Ecstacy of Gold" is one of the best sounds in the world.

Metallica is one of my favorite bands of all times, I have followed them from the beginning. Their show in Nashville last year was incredible, one of the best if not the best show I have ever seen.

One of my few prized vinyl possesions is the MegaForce Records Kill'em All album before they signed on Electra, actually I never knew Ride the Lightning had been pressed on MegaForce Records until recently. I am tempted to buy all the vinyls that are availbale after And Justice for All just to complete my collection.

<---------Updated avitar in spirit of this thread. James Hetfield and I myself. Not sure he knew I was taking the picture.

Hehe, I was that close on the Madly in Anger tour, last year I did not have such luck even though I was on top of the presale ticket sale.

After the first time seeing them from the rail, there really is no other way I'd rather do it. The pic in my avitar is from 10/17/09. It was the 5th time I have seen them and 2nd time on the rail. Don't care how long I have to wait in line. I gotta be on the rail everytime now.

After the first time seeing them from the rail' date=' there really is no other way I'd rather do it. The pic in my avitar is from 10/17/09. It was the 5th time I have seen them and 2nd time on the rail. Don't care how long I have to wait in line. I gotta be on the rail everytime now.[/quote']

Well by jumping on the pre-sale to the minute I thought I was golden...nope I got ticket at the back of the first bowl, I refreshed the page since I could not believe it and the tickets got a bit worse so I bought them.

Of course the best seats I could have ever gotten was their show at The Basemenet here in Nashville prior to their show at Bonaroo. I just did not have the right connections.

The Basement is an actual basement of a house now a record store. Check it out if you already haven't.

http://www.thebasementnashville.com/metallica.html

Awesome. I didn't make it but my friends did. The dude who passed out is a buddy of mine. "Too much Iced tea"

Uh oh...I can see this thread going downhill and getting locked. I used to download a few songs and if I liked the majority of the songs from a particular art, I would buy it. I have very few songs on my computer. Like less than 200. Those are all ones where I like 1 or 2 songs from the artist and have no intentions of buying.

This is cuz I'm a big JH fan and I love his KL Explorers:

prague_2004_james_hetfield.jpg

just sayin [biggrin]

Awesome vid. I think The Unforgiven III is my favorite song on Death Magnetic. That main riff is so killer. It's simple, but perfect. Metallica will always be one of my favorite bands. When I was a teenager, I honestly didn't listen to anything else. I wouldn't play guitar if I didn't hear Master Of Puppets. I freakin' love the guitar tone on ...And Justice For All. I don't know why, I'm not really a huge fan of Mesa's or EMG's, but I dunno, it had some oomph.

I liked when James and Kirk both played Flying V's.

The Gibson' date=' because it's not available lol[/quote']

I'd love to make a replica but I would not have the heart to do that to a real Gibson. I'd do it to an Epi in a heart beat but I have not found one that I liked yet. I tried one at Sam Ash recently but I hated the neck. The stock pups were not so great but they would have been swapped anyway.

I'm in no rush though. Got my Hetfield worthy Gibson Explorer and my Truckster to hold me over till then.

Archived