Gibson Brands Forums

Ever locked yourself out of you guitar case?

Andre S

....Combination locks....sigh......had the same one for four months and then I suddenly forgot what it was....and when i tried what I though it was it didn't work!

I sat and went through 477 numbers till I found the right one..............

It was 478.....funny thing though I dídn't put as 478....I had 137....

Weird...:-s

I didnt set mine for exactly that reason....

I have the memory of an acorn... I wake up in the morning and can't remember my own name sometimes, let alone a combination...

I bought a standard lock and key that fits the case, when I realized, the only person I'd be locking out was me if I lost the key, (can't remember where the spare it came with is exactly). If someone wanted into the guitar they'd cut the lock off to begin with.

I keep the lock in the hatch in the case, just IN CASE if you please (pun)

I bought a standard lock and key that fits the case' date=' when I realized, the only person I'd be locking out was me if I lost the key, (can't remember where the spare it came with is exactly). If someone wanted into the guitar they'd cut the lock off to begin with.

I keep the lock in the hatch in the case, just IN CASE if you please (pun)[/quote']

Those are the new cases right?

I know they stopped making the ones with the combo locks..

I used to lock it everytime I went out...in case....before I realized if anyone got in they would take the whole case guitar and all :-s

I never understood the locks. If somebody wants to steal a guitar, they will take the case. What brings more attention, a person with a guitar, or a person with a case? I guess they could keep the case from opening accidently, but with all the latches, I don't think that is likely.

All but one of my cases are darned near antiques so don't have combination locks. Never locked 'em for reasons mentioned above. But on occasion when I expected a bit of jiggling I've tied them shut one way or another...

m

Archived