Gibson Brands Forums

Martin Custom Shop???

Gibson4life

You really should post this question in the "D28 Lounge" of the UMGF.

Lot's of guys there have ordered custom guitars, and they seem to be really satisfied. I'll bet they would be happy to share some of their experiences and thoughts on the matter.

Recently there was a thread where a guy picked up his own custom at the factory and made a few photos of another custom while it was being made for another member. That would be very cool to be able to see ones guitar as it was being made!

Do you already know what you'd like to order, more or less?

I was thinking about ordering a Custom Martin' date=' and I was just wondering if any members have done this before?? :-k Were you satisfied with your purchase?

Thanks,

Gibson4Life[/quote']

Gibson4life:

First of all you can and should ask any question you like on, The Lounge. That, is a well established fact. Second, I realize you are a partcipating member of the Gibson Forums. And, finally, com'on guys cut the guy a little slack; we all own guitars that are not Gibsons and not electrics, and we all ask questions about them as well as everything else from bus trasmissions to favorite fast foods. [blush]

G4,

I have ordered Nashville Custom Shop 335's and Pauls, Fender Custom Shop Strats and Telecasters and Gibson Boz. Custom (made to specs) Bird and last year a J-200. I also own an ordered Custom Shop Martin D-45. It was, eh, five years past maybe. The instrument is great and the Martin personnel were on the ball throughout the process. I would do so again. I have never been disappointed by a major manufactuer's Custom Shop instruments, be they acoustic or electric guitars.

freak show, was considerate in suggesting G4 ask the question on the, Martin Forum. Good for you, freak show. Nice to see a kind well meaning post reply on this one. [biggrin] I think G4, who really does participate on the Gibson Forum and owns Gibson Guitars, just plain felt he was safe to ask the question among friends. And, he was looking for the real opinions of those of us on the Gibson Forum who own and play more than one "brand" or type of guitar. This is an instrument info request and no more. Seems logical he would pick the wide topic spread here and the area of the greatest number of forum participants and muscians in hopes of an answer from our perspective.

I had wanted to order an OM-1 with a few of my changes...but I decided I didn't want to wait 7 months for a different finish.

When you say Custom....do you mean a full custom shop guitar such as the builder they have on their website?

or a regular production model with changes??

Archived