Gibson Brands Forums

What is your favorite really-bad-for-you food?

heymisterk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is something so primitively satisfying about eating hot' date=' saucy deep-fried meat off of a bone. I like 'em spicy enough to make me sweat.

[/quote']

I start sweating as soon as I smell the damned things. I rarely eat anything too spicy when I go out and will only order in because I sweat so bad when eating spicy foods; I need a pile of napkins - some to wipe my mouth and hands and the rest are to mop up the sweat. Love 'em though!

I love corn dogs!...mmmmm! They have to be deep fried' date=' NOT baked.[/quote']

There is a fancy hot dog & sausage place in Chicago called Hot Dougs. They make the best corn dogs; ever. The corn cake batter is a little sweet and the dog is something nice like a Koegel Vienna. Sweet and rich like a donut while the inside is salty, savory goodness. Makes a grown man cry.

On weekends they have fries cooked in duck fat.

For me... (I've thought of this thread a bit...)

I eat way too much salt on almost everything. I've been accused of adding a bit of bread to my butter. I love beef and pork that probably has too much fat on it for good health. Up until a cupla years ago my Sunday breakfast would be a cupla eggs, toast and butter, butter-fried hash browns and a half pound to a pound of bacon. <grin> I'm looking forward to the summer's sweet corn (maize to non U.S. folks) with oodles of butter and salt. That latter used to be the "on Grandpa's farm" family feast for an annual family get-together. Nothing else, just "corn on the cob," butter and salt.

Some stuff like the various sorts of ice cream have far too many calories but probably otherwise they're relatively benign.

Lately.... well I'm "old," but I'm still a kid when it comes to cookies. One advantage is that most don't grease up your fingers when you're playing guitar.

I'm also told by some that four 12-cup pots of coffee a day is likely a bit much.

But I also drink roughly 3/4 liter of orange juice per day.

m

My dad once had a deep-fryer. He once took a quarter-pound kosher hot dog, wrapped it in bacon, wrapped it again in cheddar cheese, then deep fried the whole damn thing. Put it on a sausage roll. Ate it. Passed tremendous gas when we drove to my grandparents' the next day.

Being Hungarian, once a year at the Hungarian Culture Club we would eat something called - and I can only spell it phonetically - sulina. The cook would take hot tongs from a fire and put a fat piece of salty bacon in the middle. He would then squeeze the grease onto a bun with mayo, lettuce, and tomato. Then, the bacon would go on the sandwich. It was no wonder people in my hometown died young.

My dad once had a deep-fryer. He once took a quarter-pound kosher hot dog' date=' wrapped it in bacon, wrapped it again in cheddar cheese, then deep fried the whole damn thing. Put it on a sausage roll. Ate it. Passed tremendous gas when we drove to my grandparents' the next day. [/quote']

I bet that was pleasant.... [flapper] :-

There is a fancy hot dog & sausage place in Chicago called Hot Dougs. They make the best corn dogs; ever. The corn cake batter is a little sweet and the dog is something nice like a Koegel Vienna. Sweet and rich like a donut while the inside is salty' date=' savory goodness. Makes a grown man cry.

On weekends they have fries cooked in duck fat. [/quote']

Those who have not taken the Hot Dog tour of Chicago have absolutely no idea of how a hot dog is supposed to taste.

The hot dogs at the Chico Carrasquel (sp) stands in Comiskey Park are the best on earth.

When I was 18 I lived up by DePaul University and occasionally played gigs. After work I would stop at an all-night hot dog stand at Dickens and Halsted (this would be in 1968) where you could buy 2 hot dogs and fries for $1.38.

Those very same hot dogs are clogging my arteries some 40 years later and yet I wish I had one right now.

Too many to post so I will go with the last Southern Fried Chicken at a nearby Meat and Three, the "3" were mac and cheese, fries and fried okra. What a fry fest.

My favorite snack with beer is peanuts, these will set your soul on fire, as in they will really lit you up!! sold at Wal Mart, I don't buy them often because I freaking gobble them down. people that have tried them think I am crazy, to me they are not too bad.

91174517_7cc500096a.jpg

duck. Or a midle eastern (egypt where i had it) like a philly cheese steak wrapped up and cover with peppers and stuf. Also a tony roni roni steak cheez wiz peperoni fries and piled high with steak.

Also you gotta love scrapple the nastiest but best tasting part of the pig

Archived