Gibson Brands Forums

Favourite SG player

the guitar butcher

I gotta go with Iommi, then Angus, and Zappa.

Although, of those 3 I'm pretty sure Angus is the only one that really played a Gibson SG. I think Iommi's & Zappa's main guitars were copies. -Somebody check me on that though.

I think Iommi's & Zappa's main guitars were copies. -Somebody check me on that though.

As for SG's he played a 1965 Gibson SG Special modded by John Birch before he got the John Diggins Custom SG.

He also plays his Gibson & Epiphone signatures too' date=' as well as a white custom SG with a floyd rose trem.

There are a couple more SG's I'm sure I'm missing.

Zappa played real Gibson SG's until the copy he had made to replace the Black SG that got damaged, at least that's what I've read "online" somewhere.

[biggrin "Online" = YMMV

no clapton? the "fool" is awsome

Hell no. As church of the sonic guitar approved his playing in Cream was, once you turn in your rock fire for pop blues and a Strat, that's it; you're cut off.

My favorite is....LINK WRAY' date=' the daddy of 'em all.....

Bill Turner[/quote']

Sure, but his most influential albums were recorded with a Danelectro - hence the great twangy distortion on those tracks. I'm going for Iommi, thinking of the forst four Sabbath albums... damn, they're good!

Angus beats all! Definitely the best and most influential SG player of all time.

I like Angus also' date=' but I'm sure Iommi is more influential, the man pretty much created heavy metal. When did Angus create a whole genre of music? Your favorite, sure, but the most influential,I think not[biggrin']

Archived