Gibson Brands Forums

Hypothetically Speaking.

Andre S

I'll keep it brief and disclose that I hate strats more than any other guitar.

Go with the 339. It'll have a lot more character and your tone wouldn't be so predictable.

I want a Strat becuase I already have the Gibson humbucker sound. Yes' date=' the 339 is different, completely different, but its still a humbucker. If you want a Strat sound, go with the Strat. If you want the 339 sound, go with the 339.[/quote']

and what pray tell would you do if you could not play either and the only way of judging color and sound and size was off Gibsons website or on Youtube?

But I have faith in my judgement....my previous two guitars were flawless, so.....I have high hopes.

Milod, you nailed it, or he could use p-94's and than it's just a quick swap. I really like those p-90's. what a fine sound you get from them.

My Gear :-)

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

And some pedals

and what pray tell would you do if you could not play either and the only way of judging color and sound and size was off Gibsons website or on Youtube?

But I have faith in my judgement....my previous two guitars were flawless' date=' so.....I have high hopes.[/quote']

There are more and more very useful reviews online, I don't think Proguitarshop has 339s, but for amp and pedal demos (and some guitars) they are it. Andy is a beast and they usually cover a good range. I would buy stuff from them never playing it (I want a 65 Amp, haven't played one, but they sound good on the demos)

There are more and more very useful reviews online' date=' I don't think Proguitarshop has 339s, but for amp and pedal demos (and some guitars) they are it. Andy is a beast and they usually cover a good range. I would buy stuff from them never playing it (I want a 65 Amp, haven't played one, but they sound good on the demos)[/quote']

65 amp?/ the princeton?

[biggrin]

How can you hate an instrument? Very un-Zen brother [biggrin]

If you only knew. It's right up there with cilantro for me. In fact I hate everything about the Strat: the way it looks, the way it feels, and, most of all, the vomit like sound it makes.

If you only knew. It's right up there with cilantro for me. In fact I hate everything about the Strat: the way it looks' date=' the way it feels, and, most of all, the vomit like sound it makes. [/quote']

If only it were that simple for me.

Generally I don't like strats but the black, white pickguard and maple neck is really something...........but it does have its ugly moments.......

The Gibson's I am considering are between a

Les Paul Special Double Cut Yellow from Wildwoodguitars

An SG Standard

ES 339

It would have been perfect if Gibson had a model between 1300 and 2000 other than the Nighthawk and the Robot guitars......

Archived