Gibson Brands Forums

Just had a major GAS attack... When will it end?

daveinspain

I couldn't help it.... As the time ticked away I felt my heart beating harder... Boom Boom, Boom Boom... with 40 seconds left my fingers flew to the keyboard and I made my bid and hit the button.... Ebay took control. A minute or two went by and suddenly the message popped up... Congratulations you just bought Item number.... My first reaction was YES!!!! Then I got gas pains....

I am now the proud owner of a EDS 1275 Jimmy Page Double Neck :-) One of only 250 made... What a rush!!!

You bastard! ;-)

Congratulations!

I'm usually let down when I bid for guitars...it's not that I'm outbid out of my price range, but some sniper always takes me out 3 seconds before the auction ends.

Will be looking forward to the pics!

I couldn't help it.... As the time ticked away I felt my heart beating harder... Boom Boom' date=' Boom Boom... with 40 seconds left my fingers flew to the keyboard and I made my bid and hit the button.... Ebay took control. A minute or two went by and suddenly the message popped up... Congratulations you just bought Item number.... My first reaction was YES!!!! Then I got gas pains....

I am now the proud owner of a EDS 1275 Jimmy Page Double Neck :-) One of only 250 made... What a rush!!![/quote']

Wow! Great win! Since you get a great guitar, and we get great pictures, everybody wins! :-s ..... we're getting pictures, right?

I couldn't help it.... As the time ticked away I felt my heart beating harder... Boom Boom' date=' Boom Boom... with 40 seconds left my fingers flew to the keyboard and I made my bid and hit the button.... Ebay took control. A minute or two went by and suddenly the message popped up... Congratulations you just bought Item number.... My first reaction was YES!!!! Then I got gas pains....

I am now the proud owner of a EDS 1275 Jimmy Page Double Neck :-) One of only 250 made... What a rush!!![/quote']

It's the thrill of the hunt!

Hey dave, want to hear something funny. I'm surfing the online classifieds last night, and since I'm located between Montreal and Toronto, I always check the listings for those cities as well. Some guy in Toronto has a JP Signature EDS-1275 for $4500!!!! I read the description and everything looks right, but having seen this (too good to be true, deal of a lifetime) before I click on "View sellers other items". He's got stuff like a '59 LP VOS for $2000, an original '63 SG Jr. for $1500, a $5000 watch for $2000, etc., etc... After about five minutes surfing ebay, I've found several of "his" items with the exact same photos and descriptions selling for double his prices. I report the guy and the next morning, his ads are pulled. I told the site that when you you see "No reserve" in the title of a classified ad, that should be a red flag?!?!

The funny part of the story is that his JP sig was serial number 054.

Small world.

BTW' date=' the GAS will end when you sink to getting one of those pink "Hello Kitty" guitars. The color is guitar Pepto Bismol![/quote']

Even that won't stop it. This was over two years and at least a dozen guitars ago (including a black Hello Kitty strat)...

kitty.jpg

one question... why? i mean pink' date=' hello kitty and guitar should never mix, imo that is.[/quote']

When you stand up in a bar and belt out "Detroit Rock City" on that axe, you'll know why. Besides, when my daughter is old enough, do you think I'm going to let her start off on my Gibsons?

Hey dave' date=' want to hear something funny. I'm surfing the online classifieds last night, and since I'm located between Montreal and Toronto, I always check the listings for those cities as well. Some guy in Toronto has a JP Signature EDS-1275 for $4500!!!! I read the description and everything looks right, but having seen this (too good to be true, deal of a lifetime) before I click on "View sellers other items". He's got stuff like a '59 LP VOS for $2000, an original '63 SG Jr. for $1500, a $5000 watch for $2000, etc., etc... After about five minutes surfing ebay, I've found several of "his" items with the exact same photos and descriptions selling for double his prices. I report the guy and the next morning, his ads are pulled. I told the site that when you you see "No reserve" in the title of a classified ad, that should be a red flag?!?!

The funny part of the story is that his JP sig was serial number 054.

Small world.[/quote']

I do a lot of surfing myself... I had also found a guy in England selling number 054. I confronted both sellers asking, hey whats up with this! The seller I bought from said it was a scam and that the other guys add was going to be pulled. Which it was. My guy has sold almost 1000 items, most of them high end guitars, with a 99.9% positive feedback. I then asked him to send me a photo of the guitar showing the back of the headstocks with an apple in between them... I bet there are not too many of those floating around the web... ;-) Well he didn't have an apple handy but he sent me the desired photo with an orange instead... That worked for me. I have spoken to him on the phone, I have his address. Until I actually have the guitar in my hot hands I will have a slight doubt but I am fairly confident that this guy is for real.... He is asking for a bank transfer though to avoid PayPal comissions that are high... :D If I get burnt its live and learn and it will heart, alot! But I'm going for it...

Here are the fruit photos... ;-)

GUITARS5757.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment-1.jpg

Archived