Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio Faded

Gabriel Figueiredo

I owner one before. What was recommended to be was, just using a microfiber cloth. Personally I like the old look of the wood so I wood never want to put a shine on it.

Lemon oil for the fretbaord once or twice a year. That should keep the wood moist. Do not get any lemon oil on the body as it will eat the nitro.

Hope that helps...

I owner one before. What was recommended to be was' date=' just using a microfiber cloth. Personally I like the old look of the wood so I wood never want to put a shine on it.

Lemon oil for the fretbaord once or twice a year. That should keep the wood moist. Do not get any lemon oil on the body as it will eat the nitro.

Hope that helps...[/quote']

+1

Guest BentonC

Hi Gabriel,

There is not much finish on these at all. The normal lacquered finish is about 8 mils thick while this finish is probably 1 to 2 mils thick. It will not age like the normal lacquer. Gibson pump polish can used but I would not recommend too much polishing as it will shine the satin finish and not have the desired look and feel. I would use 0000 steel wool going with the grain to even the satin look if it becomes shiny. Other than that there are no special instructions for the care of the finish.

Archived