Gibson Brands Forums

Show Us Your Firebirds!!

6-2151

Here's a III used to have from 1964. Sold it in '95

2325678604_aa4807100b_o.jpg

L5Larry, that is a really nice guitar. Can you tell me, what did you think of the tone of the mini humbuckers? From what I have heard of them, they sound really nice....kind of half-way between a strat and a les paul??

Thanks...

P.S. What is that guitar in your avatar pic?

Here's a few of mine, It's a 2008 VII, the last year they made them. plays great and sounds even better.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IMG_1694.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1716-1.jpg

I had been thinking about selling it a while back, and than i woke up. I'll never sell it. lol !!!!!!!

Here's a few of mine' date=' It's a 2008 VII, the last year they made them. plays great and sounds even better.

I had been thinking about selling it a while back, and than i woke up. I'll never sell it. lol !!!!!!![/quote']

Very nice VII, jamman.

Can you tell me something about your JVM205H? How does it sounds etc... I'm really interested in it.

IMG_1694.jpg

I had been thinking about selling it a while back' date=' and than i woke up. I'll never sell it. lol !!!!!!![/quote']

That is gorgeous jamman!! Good choice not to sell it....I love the bridge on it too... How does it sound? How would you describe the tone of the pickups?? I'm really interested to find out about their tone?

Thanks jamman.

Very nice VII' date=' jamman.

Can you tell me something about your JVM205H? How does it sounds etc... I'm really interested in it.[/quote']

Thanks Rick, 1st. it's a JVM210H , I have played the 205H (in a store,with different cabs) and from what i could hear

the only difference is 100watts vs. 50watts. The cab i have is the 1960ax. this makes a difference in the sound. As far as the head goes. In the clean channel it has a nice Marshall clean, with some bite to it, I like it alot . It's not Fender.

In the crunch modes you get 2 possibles. both are good. On the vids i posted i was using the red mode. It's difficult to tell you about sound . You need to try this amp, just like any other. The clean/crunch mode is great for the type of music i play. rock ,blues. As far as the Overdrive modes , I don't use them much . but it's a marshall. and it will give you everything a Marshall can. If your looking for a metal head, imo , It will do it. If you can not demo it where you are , than check it out on the Marshall web-site. This is a fine amp. great sounding and gives me everything i want except the Fender clean. Hope this helps.

My Gear :-)

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

And some pedals

That is gorgeous jamman!! Good choice not to sell it....I love the bridge on it too... How does it sound? How would you describe the tone of the pickups?? I'm really interested to find out about their tone?

Thanks jamman.

Thanks 6-2151 , The best way to hear and know what a bird sounds like is to listen to Johnny Winter. imo , he

has the A-typical Firebird sound . It's mostly the neck pup that has "that sound" . I found it's there in all the birds i've tried. If your thinking about getting 1. go for it. There is no perfect guitar, but the bird is great. Different , heavy.

hope this helps you.

My Gear :-)

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

And some pedals

Guitar of the week Zebrawood. I have it tuned to open G and play Stones and Black Crowes when doing covers. I love it. Pickguard plastic was still on it when the photo was taken.

FirebirdPhotoJpeg.jpg

FirebirdBack.jpg

Thanks Rick' date=' 1st. it's a JVM210H , I have played the 205H (in a store,with different cabs) and from what i could hear

the only difference is 100watts vs. 50watts. The cab i have is the 1960ax. this makes a difference in the sound. As far as the head goes. In the clean channel it has a nice Marshall clean, with some bite to it, I like it alot . It's not Fender.

In the crunch modes you get 2 possibles. both are good. On the vids i posted i was using the red mode. It's difficult to tell you about sound . You need to try this amp, just like any other. The clean/crunch ode is great for the type of music i play. rock ,blues. As far as the Overdrive modes , I don't use them much . but it's a marshall. and it will give you everything a Marshall can. If your looking for a metal head, imo , It will do it. If you can not demo it where you are , than check it out on the Marshall web-site. This is a fine amp. great sounding and gives me everything i want except the Fender clean. Hope this helps.

[/quote']

Thanks!

I play mostly from Blues to Heavy Metal (like Iron Maiden, nothing heavier) and -at the moment- I own a ENGL Fireball. It is nice, but it's too "bity" and heavy, so i'm looking for a Marshall thing...

PS: I don't see the link at your (marshall-head-firebird)video...can you post it again? [cool]

Rick, In the vids, I used a black R0 and an Darkburst R9. It was shot with a web-cam, so the quility is not so good. the sound isn't

that good either,but you can get an idea. The orginal post was for Blakie who wanted to see and hear what was on the forum. as far

as people's playing. so i posted these. I got warmed up and did these in 1 take.

From the type of music you play this Marshall would be fine. imo you'll be happy with it. but you really need to try it out, if at all possible.

My opinion is only my opinion and it's your money. And they are not cheap.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

th_2010-04-2513-36-48953.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

th_2010-04-2512-50-21062-1.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tman , that's 1 beautiful Bird you have.

I'll try and post something with the bird and JVM in the next day or so. to get an idea of what it sounds like.

I am the Original owner of a Factory Made Left handed Gibson Firebird. Long story short, Started playing guitar when I was 5 years old. Went to the 1966 Allegheny Guitar and Accordion competition and did not place. Pretty bummed out. My dad said that if I won 1st place overall in 1967, he would buy me any guitar I want. I spent 1 whole year practicing 1 song. Malaguena. Low & behold I won. So, at my guitar teachers I was going through the catalogs and saw the firebird. The only reason I wanted it was because of the cool firebird emblem on the pickguard. I was 8 years old. The guitar was bigger than me. Guess I lucked out! Gibson took a year to make this for me. ($50 up-charge!). If you would like then and now pics, please email me.

tony@thearcurifamily.com

Tony

Tman , that's 1 beautiful Bird you have.

I'll try and post something with the bird and JVM in the next day or so. to get an idea of what it sounds like.

Thanks! I'm going to record something with it and post it. The ceramic pups scream.

I am the Original owner of a Factory Made Left handed Gibson Firebird. Long story short' date=' Started playing guitar when I was 5 years old. Went to the 1966 Allegheny Guitar and Accordion competition and did not place. Pretty bummed out. My dad said that if I won 1st place overall in 1967, he would buy me any guitar I want. I spent 1 whole year practicing 1 song. Malaguena. Low & behold I won. So, at my guitar teachers I was going through the catalogs and saw the firebird. The only reason I wanted it was because of the cool firebird emblem on the pickguard. I was 8 years old. The guitar was bigger than me. Guess I lucked out! Gibson took a year to make this for me. ($50 up-charge!). If you would like then and now pics, please email me.

tony@thearcurifamily.com

Tony[/quote']

That's hilarious! What a great story. Why don't you post the then and now photos? It would be great to see it.

I have a newspaper photo somewhere where I was playing my old melody maker in 1968 when I was 8 and my feet weren't even touching the ground and that's what the photo description said, nothing about my playing. I'll try to find it.

I'll post a "Today" pic when I can figure out how to do it. For some reason It's not letting me upload.

Theres a good explanation in here: http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=21335

It's under forum feedback. I opened a photobucket account (free) then you can find the link to your photo (it'll start with IMG:) and post it here. Do a preview first to make sure it works then viola. Took me a while to figure out but it works like a charm. Cheers

Archived