Gibson Brands Forums

Show Us Your Firebirds!!

Custom shop non reverse that I got in a trade not long ago. Never gets played anymore' date=' and doesnt look expensive at all. I've actually been thinking about letting her fly away.[/quote']

Man! I'd take that!

Hi guys.

I posted a pic of my newly acquired Firebird in the "introduce yourself" section but since this is a dedicated thread then let's go !

I used it live on stage for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed it.

These past years I couldn't make up my mind and decide whether I should use my Strat or my LP Junior as my main axe but this babe could be the answer.

I played it through a Mesa V-twin that feeds an old Music Man RP 65 amp that i've had since 1978 ... wow am I so old ?

firebird-1.jpg

By the way since the serial number is CS 000387 may I assume she's a 2010 model ?

Couldn't resist joining in on the fun!

Here's a picture from a couple of years ago of a '66 non-reverse and an 80's MIJ Orville

IMG_1268.jpg

Here's the non-reverse after some vintage parts scrounging and restoration

Photo180s.jpg

here's a homade Firebird inspired guitar using a maple through neck, mahogany wings from a '64 Gretsch Corvette, and '54 Fender Broadcaster and '64 P-90 pups. I wanted to call it a "Tele-Vette-Bird," but my sons keep calling it "Man-Bear-Pig"...

MBPsmall.jpg

Axe' date=' that has trapezoid inlays. Was it a limited edition?[/quote']

The '63-style Firebird V was identical to the III except it had trapezoid inlays instead of the dots found on the III.

I think it's a "self-modified" Firebird V [biggrin]

Those ain't no mini-humbuckers...