Gibson Brands Forums

Had to go all the way to the UK for my big break

Silverbursted

Well I just got back from a 3 week trip (2 of which were in the UK), and had a great time. Hooked up with some forum buds and had the opportunity to play live. My first "real" live performance. It wasn't Royal Albert Hall, but it was a great time and a wonderful experience.

IMGP0071.jpg

IMGP0073.jpg

IMGP0075.jpg

IMGP0076.jpg

IMGP0077.jpg

No doubt M. A great bunch of blokes and very talented too. A whole night dedicated to playing blues and British rock.

After relooking at those pics, I'm going to have to get Axe to give me some stage presence lessons. I look like my feet are nailed to the deck. [confused]

After relooking at those pics' date=' I'm going to have to get Axe to give me some stage presence lessons. I look like my feet are nailed to the deck. [confused

You look fine. Beside were you there to look good? I bet it sounded great.

Cool' date=' did you take your LP with you? who are the forum buds by the way? this forum? MLP?[/quote']

I took my R9 with me (had absolutely no problem carrying her on as hand luggage).

I met up with a couple of guys from the MLP Forum, Stowburst and Cookie-Boy. It was courtesy of Cookie-Boy, that I had this opportunity.

I took my R9 with me (had absolutely no problem carrying her on as hand luggage).

I met up with a couple of guys from the MLP Forum' date=' Stowburst and Cookie-Boy. It was courtesy of Cookie-Boy, that I had this opportunity.[/quote']

Is Cookie Boy the son of Cookieman?

I may be coming back over later this summer. I am on a project in Boscome Downs with the RAF. I'll be sure to PM you when I know.

cool, no probs! I'll drag a few regular and past members along. Matt who used to be here runs a guitar society and if you visit ties in with that then it's open mic all night!

Regards

flight959

cool' date=' no probs! I'll drag a few regular and past members along. Matt who used to be here runs a guitar society and if you visit ties in with that then it's open mic all night!

Regards

flight959[/quote']

Most excellent, I certainly will.

Archived