Gibson Brands Forums

THE GREAT EXCELLENTE MYSTRY

mooseguy

My most recent posting of WANTED 63-69 EXCELLENTE AND/OR REISSUE

simply vanished from the Forum like a fallen angel gone straight.

Now I know how the great Estaban must have felt when Gibson refused his

most generous offer to name his latest guitar line after them.

So here we go again as Jerry Lee the Killer would say "One more time with feeling"

Wanted: 63-69 Epiphone Excellente and/or Bozeman Custom Shop reissue

Moose

d.dogs@verizon.net

Thank God for that I thought it was me!!

I posted yesterday and today I have been obliterated!

Censored/ Struck orft

and I only welcomed Hypo and asked retrorod what that beautiful guitar is!

Was it my comment about "can I do the same with my J45 with a hacksaw"

Same here, I posted a guitar for sale. Then hours later the board was down with some message about new forum software installed. Came back today to update the ad that my guitar was sold (FYI - it was NOT and Excellente =P~ but the ad had vanished completely.

So here we go again as Jerry Lee the Killer would say "One more time with feeling"

Moose

d.dogs@verizon.net

P>S> Whoever didthis to me at Gibson-I want my Loretta Lyn photos with her Excellente re posted-I will not pay the ransom

Thank God for that I thought it was me!!

I posted yesterday and today I have been obliterated!

Censored/ Struck orft

and I only welcomed Hypo and asked retrorod what that beautiful guitar is!

Was it my comment about "can I do the same with my J45 with a hacksaw"

So it was you that caused the forum 'meltdown'!

JohnT, the guitar in my signature is a CF100E (1957) It's actually the size of a LG. They were made from '52-'59 and was Gibson's first cutaway acoustic model. Other than the f-hole archtops. They made some with the P-90 P/up ala J160E and others as straight acoustics. It is also my favorite of my acoustics(at the moment). Thanks for asking. I wouldn't recommend going at your J45 with a hacksaw though.....RRod

I dunno... isn't trafficing in music instruments dis-allowed on this forum?

That Loretty Lynn. Isn't she the sweetest thing? Jack White was right. She looks

down-right scrumptious in that purty blue dress.. O:) Lord she's old enough to be

my grandma, okay, okay, mother, but she still has 'it'.

The Dove in flight looks meaty enough to be an eagle.

Moose

d.dogs@verizon.net

SAL: THANKS A MILLION MORE FOR THE ENLARGEMENTS-THEY ARE GREAT

GEARBASHER:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VERY APPRECIATED EXCELLENTE SONNY JAMES DATA

I DID CALL ON THE ELDERLY OFFERING-IT HAD ALREADY BEEN SOLD - SOB SOB

AND WITH A REPLACED REPRO PICKGUARD TO BOOT.

REGARDS,

MOOSE

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: DO YOU THINK LASSIE AND SILVER ARE A HAPPY COUPLE

IN THE GEAT BEYOND?

REGARDS' date='

MOOSE

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: DO YOU THINK LASSIE AND SILVER ARE A HAPPY COUPLE

IN THE GEAT BEYOND?[/quote']

Moose

How did this question remain unanswered for so long?

Lassie is a fictional character that has starred in, or been the subject of, many radio shows, movies, TV shows, and books, entertaining generations of children around the world from 1938 to the present.

The character of Lassie was created by British-American author Eric Knight in the short story "Lassie Come-Home" published in the Saturday Evening Post in 1938 and as the novel Lassie Come-Home in 1940.

Lassie continues to make personal appearances as well as marketing a line of pet food and a current pet care TV show, Lassie's Pet Vet on PBS stations in the United States.

All collies playing Lassie have been male, playing a female dog. The female collie loses her coat at least once a year, making it unsuitable for use year-round. Also, the male is larger and a child actor can play opposite the dog for longer before outgrowing him.

^

^

^

According to "The Legend of Silver", a radio episode broadcast September 30, 1938, before acquiring Silver the Lone Ranger rode a chestnut mare called Dusty. After Dusty was killed by a criminal that LR and Tonto were tracking, LR saved the stallion,Silver's life from an enraged buffalo, and in gratitude Silver chose to give up his wild life to carry him. Silver's sire was called Sylvan, and his dam was Musa.

So the answer to your question

is that Lassie is still alive!

Moose

How did this question remain unanswered for so long?

Lassie is a fictional character that has starred in' date=' or been the subject of, many radio shows, movies, TV shows, and books, entertaining generations of children around the world from 1938 to the present.

The character of Lassie was created by British-American author Eric Knight in the short story "Lassie Come-Home" published in the Saturday Evening Post in 1938 and as the novel Lassie Come-Home in 1940.

Lassie continues to make personal appearances as well as marketing a line of pet food and a current pet care TV show, Lassie's Pet Vet on PBS stations in the United States.

All collies playing Lassie have been male, playing a female dog. The female collie loses her coat at least once a year, making it unsuitable for use year-round. Also, the male is larger and a child actor can play opposite the dog for longer before outgrowing him.

^

^

^

According to "The Legend of Silver", a radio episode broadcast September 30, 1938, before acquiring Silver the Lone Ranger rode a chestnut mare called Dusty. After Dusty was killed by a criminal that LR and Tonto were tracking, LR saved the stallion,Silver's life from an enraged buffalo, and in gratitude Silver chose to give up his wild life to carry him. Silver's sire was called Sylvan, and his dam was Musa.

So the answer to your question

is that Lassie is still alive!

JOHNT: I AM SO RELIEVED TO LEARN IN DETAIL THAT THE 0RIGINAL LASSIE & SILVER WERE BOTH MALES WHICH MAKES MY QUESTION ALL THE MORE MEANINGFUL!

NOW COULD WE ALL DIVERT BACK TO THE POINT AND FIND ME AN EXCELLENTE

MOOSE

[/quote']

JOHNT: I AM SO RELIEVED TO LEARN IN DETAIL THAT THE 0RIGINAL LASSIE & SILVER WERE BOTH MALES WHICH MAKES MY QUESTION ALL THE MORE MEANINGFUL!

Now Moose, what kind of a comment is that to make, hmmm? Are you suggesting that males are more important than females? No more poems from Gilliangirl for you, mister!

Now, the real reason I came here is to ask you if you've put a 'Wanted' ad on eBay for an Excellente? I just found out that you can do this, and posted one myself looking for a certain type of guitar pick. Anyway, here's the link to the Want It Now section on eBay........ (oh, and it's free)

http://pages.ebay.com/wantitnow/

I just pulled up her post and she's looking for Snarling Dogs Brain picks' date=' yellow in color, .46mm. She's saying that they don't make them anymore. In checking various websites, the thinnest I can find is .53mm.[/quote']

Yes, tis true. I didn't post on here because they're not Gibson picks and I didn't want anyone mad at me. I have one yellow pick left and if I lose it I'm whooped! They don't make the .46's anymore.

Maybe????

Gbase - Request Gear Information

Gbase.com is the ultimate gear source for musicians and music ... 1967 Epiphone Excellente NATURAL, Mint, Hard, Call For Price! Name: Email: Phone: Fax: ...

www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/gearinforequest.aspx?Item=813774

More pages from gbase.com

WARNING: I CAN'T VOUCH FOR THIS SITE OR SHOP!!! SO, IF YOU INQUIRE...BE CAREFUL!!!!

Maybe????

Gbase - Request Gear Information

Gbase.com is the ultimate gear source for musicians and music ... 1967 Epiphone Excellente NATURAL' date=' Mint, Hard, Call For Price! Name: Email: Phone: Fax: ...

www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/gearinforequest.aspx?Item=813774

More pages from gbase.com

WARNING: I CAN'T VOUCH FOR THIS SITE OR SHOP!!! SO, IF YOU INQUIRE...BE CAREFUL!!!!

Go to http://www.denmarkstreetonline.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1105&category_id=53&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&manufacturer_id=4

Hanks Guitar Store is very well established shop in London's Tin pan alley . They are showing a Epiphone FT-79 Texan - 1967 £2,999.00 (including 17.5 % tax)

They will describe it well and I would imagine if you were interested some of your UK buddies might be happy to go and take some pics etc. If all else fails...... Hell I might even do it myself for you!

You can contact Hanks enquiries@denmarkstreetonline.co.uk might be better than going through an indirect channel?

YOu might also contact http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/

This is the kind of shop you have to take your shoes off and wear gloves . They've nothing listed but again you can leave a wish list

email me if you'd like a hand?

Nowt from Uk either Karen

There is a company called www.highlystrung.co.uk

Who list them if you google em but the website bounces!

Not a good sign!

I had no problem with this site...alas, the picks g-girl wants aren't listed on their site.

Archived