Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dvir

best les paul color

what do you guys thinking is the best les pauls color?

there is no best Les Paul colour.

My favourites would be Goldtop, Wine Red, Honey Burst and Cherry Sunburst.

I like most of them. What I don't really like is gold hardware. I don't usually like gold finishes, but there is something really special about Les Paul goldtop finishes that I don't think any other gold finish has ever captured. I love my LP deluxe goldtop.

I like most of them. What I don't really like is gold hardware. I don't usually like gold finishes' date=' but there is something really special about Les Paul goldtop finishes that I don't think any other gold finish has ever captured. I love my LP deluxe goldtop. [/quote']

If I had to choose a goldtop it would be with humbuckers, to me P90's are a no no.

If I had to choose a goldtop it would be with humbuckers' date=' to me P90's are a no no.[/quote']

I really like the sound and look of the minihumbuckers on deluxes, especially without boo boo rings. Also like P90's . . . wish I had one with P90's! Interesting how everyone is different.

Always been fond of the burst. My favourite is the faded cherry with great figuring and lots of flame.

On the other hand...there's four fingers and a thumb.

Dave

Pretty much anything except 'Clown-burst' and I'm not a great fan of silverburst, but don't tell anyone [biggrin] .

I love the look of 'Lemon-drops' and '54 Customs.

If I were to buy a guitar on looks only I would go more for nice grain. After that I'd go for nice figure.

Colour-wise I've really become fond of Vintage Sunburst.

thanks guys i have one question. i have a wine red studio and some of the paint is peeling shoud i paint it once again or leave with it?