Gibson Brands Forums

What would you like to add to your current stable?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to have a Guild Thunderbird that I played in a band back in the day(1970 something). That guitar got traded away for food or rent or something needed to support my young family. I would love to get one back in my collection in Red.

These are on my bench right now (Warmoth body and neck). Note the natural masked binding. A very nice touch indeed. Still waiting for some of the electronics but can't wait to add this one when she's done.

ps4746C.jpg

vms3555a.jpg

[blink]

wow' date=', thats a Beauty !!!! what you gonna load it with ??? Love that body there !!

Im gassin for something with P90's myself [cool

wow' date=', thats a Beauty !!!! what you gonna load it with ??? Love that body there !!

Im gassin for something with P90's myself [blink

Isn't it nice? When I saw it I had to have it. Will be my second Warmoth build. Gonna use Fralin Blues Specials in this one (have Lace Sensors in the other). After this I'm gonna do a Tele.

I would like to get myself a good Strat. Or just get a new neck or re-fret on my existing Strat [blink]

Check out Warmoth man. Lot's of choices on neck construction and fret wire. I have been very happy with stuff I get from the showcase but you can order them any way you want. The first thing I ever bought from them was a replacement neck for an older Strat.

I have, or have had, pretty much every guitar I REALLY wanted (or needed), and it's actually time to thin the herd. I've currently have two for sale hanging in a "vintage" guitar shop, and when those get sold I'm taking in two more.

Nothing really... well I've got to buy a PRS singlecut and would like to own a PRS narrowfield. Then there's those new Vox series 55 and 77 guitars Vox keeps from the stores for no reason (maybe no store is asking for them 'cause they still haven't sold any virages).

Those are the guitars I'd buy. But I ain't really GASsing for them anymore.

I'll have another custom tele made for me before I buy anything from known brands again. I have to look up prices and decide who's gonna build the next thunderguitar.

I'm pretty content with what I have too and any other additions would just be guitars that I pull out once in a while just because they'd be flavors that aren't what I normally use. However, I would like to own an acoustic guitar again; my first guitar was an acoustic which I sold to raise money for a second electric and I never bought another once since then. I don't know why.

At the risk of becoming considered a heretic, my favorite guitar that gets the most play is a Strat.

The only thing at this point is something humbuckery... I keep swapping between a Flying V, an ES-335, and an SG.

With my current financials, though, it will probably end up being a Sheraton II.

An actual need, however, is a twelve-string... acoustic or electric, or both. Preferably both.

Specifically, I want a Hofner Contemporary Violin Bass, and an Engelhardt upright bass... I don't know which model, specifically.

Me?

Well, I'd like a 335. The fancier version is fine, but I'm more concerned with the neck and playability than pretties in a lotta ways. The more slim neck and nice wide nut, please. In ways the wider Epi Dot bridge isn't a bad idea, either.

I wouldn't mind a "real" 175, either, although my mid '70s Ibanez copy is so darned nice I dunno... She's old but she's kinda used to me and I'm kinda used to her; give me kinda acoustic sounds for some stuff and jazz sounds for other. Her finish ain't perfect at the joint of the neck and body, but... hey, I've got more wrinkles than in '75 too.

heymisterk...

I've got the 1970s Guild S100c - natural finish with the carved acorns and oak leaves. It's my #2 guitar even for "kinda jazz" playing. Wonderful neck, great sound for a solidbody that does a lotta good stuff for a finger picker but, with 8-38s, it's not terribly forgiving about not getting a nice "straight downward" fretting for five and six-string chords. It's also pretty obvious it's a fully hand-finished neck...

Pohatu...

My personal opinion is that a cheapie 12 with a magnetic pickup does pretty nicely if you find one with a decent action. My first one was the old cruddy "Stella" made by Harmony. A refinish job and a magnetic soundhole pickup and it did quite well, thank you. I had a Hagstrom "board" 12 among others over the years, and it went away in a swap for something else that I can't even remember at this point some 35 years or so later. A few others came and went. @#$%$

Right now I've got a MF "Rogue" that ain't all that bad on the neck and that I got for an extremely low price at a pawn shop that was closing, then added the inexpensive magnetic pickup permanent installation. If I had it to do over again I'd just add a volume, if not a volume and tone setup. Came overall with a case to about $250 US five years ago. Would I like "better?" Yeah, but for what I wanted it serves and didn't destroy what was left from an old guy's checkbook.

m

I have more electric guitars than I'll ever play. I mostly play one of my three acoustics, so I guess it's kind of strange that I'd like to add a Hummingbird KOA to my fleet, and who wouldn't want a Rick 12-string?

I have more amps than anyone needs, and I wouldn't know what to do with any of the effects pedals, (other than my Danelecto Reverb, Digital Delay and Stereo Chorus)... I have others, Overdrive, Squawk Box, Distortion, Envelop Filter, etc, but they're just stuff I've collected along the way...don't use 'em.

I have more electric guitars than I'll ever play. I mostly play one of my three acoustics' date=' so I guess it's kind of strange that I'd like to add a Hummingbird KOA to my fleet, and who wouldn't want a Rick 12-string?

I have more amps than anyone needs, and I wouldn't know what to do with any of the effects pedals, (other than my Danelecto Reverb, Digital Delay and Stereo Chorus)... I have others, Overdrive, Squawk Box, Distortion, Envelop Filter, etc, but they're just stuff I've collected along the way...don't use 'em.[/quote']

So, are you a "collector?" If not...why not sell all the stuff you don't use, and get

what you will use?:) Just saying...

CB

So' date=' are you a "collector?" If not...why not sell all the stuff you don't use, and get

what you will use?:) Just saying...

CB[/quote']

I won't get rid of my Strat or my P-Bass.

I WOULD sell my Schecter C-1 Classic, but I have two other electric guitars that were built by my cousin before he got severely brain damaged in a motorcycle accident. I can't get rid of them, as they are "family" pieces and need to be passed down to others.

I'd sell my Ovation 12-string, but it plays so bad no one would want it.

I'm DEFINATELY not a "collector", but I tend to keep what I have.

Well, I wasn't putting you down, or anythng. Just curious. I too, have more guitars, and amps, than I need....

but, I DO use them all...to varying degrees. With some, it depends on the music, others...my mood, or tone

needs, and still others just have a certain place in my heart...my '64 Strat, for one, which as a gift from my

(now deceased) Mom, on my 14th birthday...46 years ago. :>) So, I understand...

And, I've sold off, several guitars, in the past...that I wish now, I had not! So, I have a tendency, also...to now

hang on to stuff, as well. ;>)

CB

Archived