Gibson Brands Forums

Show your basses!

Bassmedic05

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Here Comes The Sun"

VCnG8M5.jpg

Ahhhh! My eyes! I'm blinded! Very nice in all white. I'd like to add an American P-Bass to my collection. I've got a Musicman Sterling in red stain/clear coat that looks and plays nice but is a lead weight on my shoulder. I just can't work with it all night. And I miss my '70 Rick 4002 Stereo.

John

Here's a second hand sleeper of a bass i picked up at the music shop yesterday. An Ibanez Artcore series bass. Semi hollow body, great woody tone using the neck pickup. This one just about plays itself with great fret spacing and medium gauge strings.

100_0278_zps6b8adfd2.jpg

I did the Hendrix look with this Precision.

My brother couldn't handle the Precision neck, so I swapped him the SG Std. Walnut, for the Precision. [rolleyes]

That's a beauty GSGBASS!, You win! Most Fender Basses on a Gibson Forum! LOL ;-)

I've always wanted a P-Bass but don't have the finances or the desire to trade any of my current instruments for one.

John

Here's a second hand sleeper of a bass i picked up at the music shop yesterday. An Ibanez Artcore series bass. Semi hollow body, great woody tone using the neck pickup. This one just about plays itself with great fret spacing and medium gauge strings.

100_0278_zps6b8adfd2.jpg

Great looking Instrument! It must sound similar to the Jack Cassidy Epiphone?

John

That's a beauty GSGBASS!, You win! Most Fender Basses on a Gibson Forum! LOL ;-)

I've always wanted a P-Bass but don't have the finances or the desire to trade any of my current instruments for one.

John

I tried a few T-birds, but the necks didn't feel right to me. So,............ the Fenders just work for me anyway. [rolleyes]

I tried a few T-birds, but the necks didn't feel right to me. So,............ the Fenders just work for me anyway. [rolleyes]

Well RoadRex, I've got an affliction for Fenders myself! My American Vintage '75 Reissue Jazz Bass is my favorite of all time! BUT, that short scale neck on the old EB-0 just fits my palm perfectly! It's the first bass I owned and the last one I will ever get rid of! [thumbup] I've also got an Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling Bass which has a nice neck, but I keep going back to the Jazz Bass. Something about that neck that is just so easy to play! It's only 1 1/2" across at the headstock!

Play on!

John

Great looking Instrument! It must sound similar to the Jack Cassidy Epiphone?

John

Thank you John. Very close to the Jack Casady in tone - the reasons i went with this one was the short scale and narrower body width.

Nice Jack Casady bass! That is hand's down one of the coolest, most unique bass tones you can get today...

It has got a great tone but I really wish Gibson would reissue the original Les Paul Signature bass, amazing bass!

John

I forgot to thank you for proclaiming me the winner of, Most Fender Basses on a Gibson Forum! I would like to thank all the people at Sweetwater Music, for showing my two Am. Std. Jazz basses in their Guitar Gallery, so I would see them, GAS like a Mad Man for them, and buy them. Also, Sam Ash for having the Am. Std. Olympic White Precision, that I was able to GAS for, and have it shipped, and received the next day.

1983 Fender Precision Bass in pewter:

vqmt7a.jpg

Pink Chinese bass. because I'm secure enough in my masculinity to play a pink bass. And it was $79 shipped, brand new:

5eh5ch.jpg

1981 mystery bass. I put a Seymour Duncan Ric pickup in it. No idea it's history:

w6sfp1.jpg

1981 Gibson Victory bass, 11 lbs, 6.4 oz. Strung with Rotosound Funkmaster 0.030-0.090. Severely loud.

i52kv7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived