Gibson Brands Forums

Show your basses!

Bassmedic05

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My recently acquired 80's Peavey Rudy Sarzo. This is a whole lotta bass for not much money, and "Handcrafted in the USA". Five piece neck-thru with Ebony board and MOP inlays. Plays incredibly well and sounds great! I'm liking this bass alot!

prsfrcua.jpg

My recently acquired 80's Peavey Rudy Sarzo. This is a whole lotta bass for not much money, and "Handcrafted in the USA". Five piece neck-thru with Ebony board and MOP inlays. Plays incredibly well and sounds great! I'm liking this bass alot!

prsfrcua.jpg

Great looking bass![thumbup] I love neck-throughs.

Aren't you glad you kept it?

Yet another gsg? Sweet!

Nothing get's past you Kelv. I had the chance to require it, so,........................... the guy who had it played it once, and didn't care for it. He played my Jazz, and we did a swap.

rXhayZc.jpg?1

Nothing get's past you Kelv. I had the chance to require it, so,........................... the guy who had it played it once, and didn't care for it. He played my Jazz, and we did a swap.

a6bdb084-8274-47ea-a6b5-9bb93de28c1f.jpg

A Ric for a Jazz? That's a deal all right!

Great looking bass![thumbup] I love neck-throughs.

Aren't you glad you kept it?

I am thrilled that I didn't return it. It is smoking in every way - the issues were strictly cosmetic and easily managed.

What a great bass, lost in the hair band days when Sarzo was peaking. My advice - get over that association and get ready for a top shelf instrument!! They are being recognized though, and several I've seen are going for substantially more. Like your Aria. If you keep your eye out you can still get a great deal - beware the "new guard" that see the quality for what it is!!!!!

Excellent trade! You got the better end of that deal [biggrin]

I am thrilled that I didn't return it. It is smoking in every way - the issues were strictly cosmetic and easily managed.

What a great bass, lost in the hair band days when Sarzo was peaking. My advice - get over that association and get ready for a top shelf instrument!! They are being recognized though, and several I've seen are going for substantially more. Like your Aria. If you keep your eye out you can still get a great deal - beware the "new guard" that see the quality for what it is!!!!!

It does amaze me that of all my basses, I pretty much prefer the Arias now. Of course they've been modified to suit my tastes, but they are truly well-made, great sounding and playing basses. The name on the headstock really doesn't matter much to me anymore. You just never know what you're going to fall in love with...

Beautiful Ric, gsg, you have great taste!

[thumbup]

ric2.jpg

this is an older pic, I put the pickup cover back on

It takes one to know one Partner. The Ric is about the only bass with a cover that I like the looks of it with the cover on.

LQWJEPG.jpg

I don't have photos of them individually except for the 'Bird. So I hope nobody minds the in-action shots:

The upright

RaffertysListFebruary17_zpsfafe154c.jpg

The EB

AlleyTredz2.jpg

The 'Bird (it has different pickups now)

FretlessBird.jpg

The P

320-408-PBass.jpg

I don't have photos of them individually except for the 'Bird. So I hope nobody minds the in-action shots:

The upright

RaffertysListFebruary17_zpsfafe154c.jpg

Love the Action shots - basses always look better in them.... That's a good lookin' band; can't blame you for not watching the fingerboard! [biggrin]

Here's the best shot I have of my SG:

bass2100_0680-3.jpg

We love it when the Cheerleaders show up. They can't sing or play, but who cares!

She's great looking, but unlike cheerleaders, she can really sing and put on a show. She plays a bit of guitar on a few of our songs, too. Being the bass player is the only way a creepy old guy like me can get to hang out with a couple of cute 26 year old girls and not get into all kinds of trouble with my wife and everyone else. [biggrin]

She's great looking, but unlike cheerleaders, she can really sing and put on a show. She plays a bit of guitar on a few of our songs, too. Being the bass player is the only way a creepy old guy like me can get to hang out with a couple of cute 26 year old girls and not get into all kinds of trouble with my wife and everyone else. [biggrin]

Ha! I hear you... I'm in 2 bands right now, both with female singers, and it's great. My wife doesn't worry about me being out there any more. Her theory is: anyone I'd be interested in wouldn't want anything to do with me, and she's right! [cursing]

well if we are doing action shot.

rd_artistbass.jpg from 1989 can you tell by the Izod jacket

Love the Izod - pure class! I could only aford a "Members Only". [unsure]

The action shots are great, but now you'll have to photo-shop in some hot 26 year-old girls...[sneaky]

ok ok you got me, the shirt was an Izod and the jacket was members only DOH! as you can see in the later pictures I am no longer a slave to fashion. [blush]

I think I still have the Members Only - it should be back in style in the next 10 to 20 years (just like my teal living room carpet!). :-k

• 2 weeks later...

Not long ago I picked up an '89 Peavey Rudy Sarzo in great shape for not much $$. I've been liking it so much I've had my eye out for something else of theirs from the same era. It finally showed up and was actually cheaper than the Sarzo.

Got it this morning. '91 Peavey Unity in Koa. Standard models were Maple neck/poplar wings and painted. They made a limited amount in all Koa (Purpleheart stringers) and upgraded the pickups to EMG's run passive V-V-T. It's in really good condition, and with some new strings and a setup I couldn't put it down. Handcrafted in the USA, exotic wood neck through with premium electronics, brass bridge and nice tuners similar to 80's Fenders. Wow! Construction is first rate and it sounds great - the Koa tames those EMG's nicely. It's certainly worth more than its cost, no doubt! I am a happy camper!! [thumbup]

frcu2a.jpgbkcua.jpg

Archived