Gibson Brands Forums

Show your basses!

Bassmedic05

Not long ago I picked up an '89 Peavey Rudy Sarzo in great shape for not much $$. I've been liking it so much I've had my eye out for something else of theirs from the same era. It finally showed up and was actually cheaper than the Sarzo.

Got it this morning. '91 Peavey Unity in Koa. Standard models were Maple neck/poplar wings and painted. They made a limited amount in all Koa (Purpleheart stringers) and upgraded the pickups to EMG's run passive V-V-T. It's in really good condition, and with some new strings and a setup I couldn't put it down. Handcrafted in the USA, exotic wood neck through with premium electronics, brass bridge and nice tuners similar to 80's Fenders. Wow! Construction is first rate and it sounds great - the Koa tames those EMG's nicely. It's certainly worth more than its cost, no doubt! I am a happy camper!! [thumbup]

frcu2a.jpgbkcua.jpg

Some nice wood, and USA.... Good move! [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Trap. I like it being a solid color, instead of a burst. If the Ruby wasn't available, Midnight Blue was going to be my choice. The Ruby isn't seen to much either.

curse you for fueling my GAS

Like Maxwell Smart used to say, "Sorry about that chief!" I went from a High Octane burn, to a complete Nuclear Fission when I saw the Ruby.

I am wanting one in fireglo, I had a Hondo II copy back in the seventies that was stolen, I just can't bring myself to sell any of my gear to fund it.

I know what you mean about the funds for the Rics. I had a few items around the house I didn't need, so I sold them off. An extra SLR Camera Lens, my soul, etc. :rolleyes:

Archived