Gibson Brands Forums

Show your basses!

Bassmedic05

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I don't have the Mapleglo. It was sold not as much for choice, but the cash I needed at the time. It just worked out to be a good time to replace it. I like the neck design, the pups, and the sounds from it. The body shape, and color isn't bad either.

No, I don't have the Mapleglo. It was sold not as much for choice, but the cash I needed at the time. It just worked out to be a good time to replace it. I like the neck design, the pups, and the sounds from it. The body shape, and color isn't bad either.

I really like that color... Sweet! [thumbup] Do you still have the SG?

I really like that color... Sweet! [thumbup] Do you still have the SG?

Thanks Kelv. No, the SG's gone. I like the solid color, a nice change from most of my burst finishes. Rosewood on the Rics, are Caribbean Rosewood. (Chechen) From the Yucatan.

Hey Lefty Bass; LB, you have some serious AXES there man. Very Cool! Which is your favorite out of the bunch?

I have no idea!

I have a few that my wife will have to sell when I die; Gibson EB-2, Gibson Midtown, Rickenbacker 4001CS(Chris Squire Limited Edition), Rickenbacker 4003, Carvin SB4000.

The rest may come and go but those are keepers.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my babies - representing hi fidelity, versatility and badassness, respectively :)

Nice group shot there Rory! Versatility is a good discription of the EB. I'm running my EB through an effects pedal and having a gas with it. Enjoy [thumbup]

Thanks Trap. Which pedal are you using?

I've had the EB since February, I bought it to take the place of a beloved MM Stingray that was stolen last year. The EB is obviously a whole different animal but the range of tones is really incredible to me. With a tube preamp in the food chain, subtle variations in the individual pickup volumes can serve up some amazing tonal options.

I tend to gig almost exclusively with my T-bird, whereas the EB has proven her worth in the studio.

Which pedal are you using?

I tend to gig almost exclusively with my T-bird

Hey there Rory, i'm using the discontinued BP50 by Digitech. It has 40 pre-programmed effects (my favorites being Chorus Hall, Boogey Flange, Phase Delay) built in tuner and drum machine. Headphones can be plugged into the output with a 1/4 inch adapter for the late night practice sessions.

The T-bird has a great stage presence and tone to match. [thumbup]

100_0234_zpsb44d52bb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am wanting one in fireglo, I had a Hondo II copy back in the seventies that was stolen, I just can't bring myself to sell any of my gear to fund it.

I just picked up a 1998 Fireglo 4003. It's completely different from anything else. Not that that's unusual, since the P is different from the 'Bird which is different from the EB-2, etc. Call me a Ric agnostic, perhaps. I like it but it is just another arrow in the quiver.

I just picked up a 1998 Fireglo 4003. It's completely different from anything else. Not that that's unusual, since the P is different from the 'Bird which is different from the EB-2, etc. Call me a Ric agnostic, perhaps. I like it but it is just another arrow in the quiver.

Congrats on the Fireglo. The 4003 sound is a bit different than some, but I really like the shape, and feel of the neck. I'd like to see more basses using the 4003 neck shape.

The sound is really good. I have to say that the deluxe bass bigmuff is great. It has a blend control to mix clean and dirty. But the crossover controls really add to the blend nicely. I can control the input(or output, don't know) bandwith to the dirty side. My preference setting is to cut out all middle bandwidth. So I'm blending together clean sound and the dirty lows and hi's...

My recently acquired 80's Peavey Rudy Sarzo. This is a whole lotta bass for not much money, and "Handcrafted in the USA". Five piece neck-thru with Ebony board and MOP inlays. Plays incredibly well and sounds great! I'm liking this bass alot!

prsfrcua.jpg

Bassilisk posted this a few months ago. How's this bass working out for you over the longhaul? Just saw one of these Rudy Sarzo basses the other day at a local music shop. It's an eyecatcher for sure and very well built. [thumbup]

Bassilisk posted this a few months ago. How's this bass working out for you over the longhaul? Just saw one of these Rudy Sarzo basses the other day at a local music shop. It's an eyecatcher for sure and very well built. [thumbup]

I just saw this post. This bass is a killer in every way. I know there are some people that don't care for the sound - I find it to be great! Modern but not really hi-fi though it can get crispy. I can get great tones with the treble rolled back. The mids are tight and the bass is focused - very solid and muscular active tone, with a bypass to passive which also sounds good. You lose the 3-band pre and just get a standard tone control. Construction is first rate and built solid. The neck profile is very comfortable. I'm seeing the prices on these really starting to get up to their actual worth. It's a lot of bass for the money. I am very happy I bought it and would get another in a skinny minute.

I had posted my Warmoths a while back and didn't have a decent shot of this particular one. I had a chance to take one and just wanted to get a clean shot in.

Alder body in Shell Pink, Maple neck, DiMarzio Model J PAF's that I bought some years ago still sealed in their box run passive with stacked V-T. All hardware is MIA Fender 62 reissue with a P bridge cover. The PG is Pink Champagne sparkle and is the same laminate they used on Ludwig drums during the 60's.

This bass sets up incredibly well and is a joy to play. One of the best sounding J's I've heard.

0ke7.jpg

Archived