Gibson Brands Forums

Show your basses!

Bassmedic05

Very nice! The EB-2 is one of my favs!

Thanks! It's in great shape, with the original finish completely intact. Before I got it in about 1982, it lost its pickguard, baritone switch, mute, and the bridge pickup is a DiMarzio One, but it looks great and sounds like armageddon when I want it to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, You asked for it.

From left to right:

• my Vester Witch (34"), one of the few fretless basses of this type, modded with better PUs, fretboard coated with polyurethane (by me).
  • my 5-String V (32"), semi hollow, neck through, Katalox fingerboard - it needs a different bridge and ideally geared cello tuners.
  • the Epi EB-0 (30.5") i bought for my son 2 years ago. He doesn't need it anymore because he now plays an explorer bass. Slightly improved in tone by replcing the tone pot by a no-load pot.

post-26183-088282300 1286663677_thumb.jpg

Beate

Well, more from the Gibson Group - another black beauty, the Epi Explorer i bought for my son last summer:

223993.jpg

Slightly modified: safety strap pins, one added to the neck near the 15th fret beneath the A string - now the beast is well balanced. Really nice guitar.

Beate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice basses, everybody! Here are my basses. No Gibsons yet, but hope to add an SG bass asap:

Flower bass routed and '62 pup installed. Sounds like a '62 now. Old Granpa tone.:

flowerup.jpg

In bed:

flowerdown.jpg

Bass VI body:

VI.jpg

In Bed:

vifull.jpg

Bridge closeup. With the mute, I can totally mute the strings for thump, or slightly mute for a sitar sound:

VIbridge.jpg

'62 reissue. Very flat neck and so comfortable to play.:

DSCN5037.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here's some of my basses.

Squire active 5 I got in a pawn shop for $150

DSCN0517.jpg

Cort that I picked up for less than $100

DSCN0459.jpg

Another pawn shop bass for less than $100

100_3818.jpg

Another bass for less that $100

Jazz.jpg

My old ABG

8-31081.jpg

My hand made ABGs

Good.jpg

My trusty American Fender P. No idea what year it is.

FenderPBass.jpg

My 80's eight string Washburn

Washburns.jpg

My home made bass

CONTURE1.jpg

I think that's all of them

Here's some of my basses.

Squire active 5 I got in a pawn shop for $150

DSCN0517.jpg

Cort that I picked up for less than $100

DSCN0459.jpg

Another pawn shop bass for less than $100

100_3818.jpg

Another bass for less that $100

Jazz.jpg

My old ABG

8-31081.jpg

My hand made ABGs

Good.jpg

My trusty American Fender P. No idea what year it is.

FenderPBass.jpg

My 80's eight string Washburn

Washburns.jpg

My home made bass

CONTURE1.jpg

I think that's all of them

Pop the neck off of that Pbass sometime and let us know what year it says. Could be the "funk machine"!

I just found a p-bass which will probably come home with me soon. It's a MIM '50s reissue, with a chunky, wide neck. It will join the EB and 'Bird, since it will be completely different from either one of them. I have never owned any kind of Fender instrument, ever.

I've to go with the J Bass. The P Bass is just a little to big in the neck for my fingers to cleanly reach.

The big fat neck is why I like it. This specific one has a chunky neck, more like a Gibson than the usual Fender, so it's got a thicker profile as well as a wider fretboard. It is very different from anything else I own, otherwise there would be no point, right?

Archived