Show your basses!

Bassmedic05

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Time to flash my Gibsons, I guess!

1. 1979 RD Artist (second version with mini toggles)

01_all.jpg

2. 1981 Victory Artist (restored)

02_all_800.jpg

3. 1987 IV

gibson_iv.jpg

4. 1975 Ripper (restoration in progress)

01_front_all.jpg

Ripper-10_zps46c23d8f.jpg

5. 2007 Les Paul Double Cut (currently sitting in UK customs)

06.jpg

And the ones no longer with me:

1. 1978 G-3

5234638992_63387947a8_b.jpg

2. 2001 SG-Z

01_all.jpg

Time to flash my Gibsons, I guess!

1. 1979 RD Artist (second version with mini toggles)

01_all.jpg

2. 1981 Victory Artist (restored)

02_all_800.jpg

3. 1987 IV

gibson_iv.jpg

4. 1975 Ripper (restoration in progress)

01_front_all.jpg

Ripper-10_zps46c23d8f.jpg

5. 2007 Les Paul Double Cut (currently sitting in UK customs)

06.jpg

And the ones no longer with me:

1. 1978 G-3

5234638992_63387947a8_b.jpg

2. 2001 SG-Z

01_all.jpg

All very sweet!msp_thumbup.gif

Thanks to the AMS sale, I've added a Les Paul and Midtown to my arsenal. Both play fantastic, but the LP seems to work a little better with my live band than the Midtown. Even though I love the look of the Midtown and that neck pickup is pure chocolate with the tone rolled off, overall it seems a bit too soft at times. We'll see... Perhaps the 335 Bass may be next on my list!

800-MIDTOWN013_zps82018088.jpg

Thanks to the AMS sale, I've added a Les Paul and Midtown to my arsenal. Both play fantastic, but the LP seems to work a little better with my live band than the Midtown. Even though I love the look of the Midtown and that neck pickup is pure chocolate with the tone rolled off, overall it seems a bit too soft at times. We'll see... Perhaps the 335 Bass may be next on my list!

800-MIDTOWN013_zps82018088.jpg

Noice! I have a LP so I know what that's about. The Midtown looks great.

I have a loose mudbucker from the late 70's and I've been thinking about putting it to some use again. There's something about that sidewinder sludge that has a place. I know the new versions sound much tighter than the old school, but I heard my friend's 67 Rivoli not that long ago and it was awesome. Every note was clear and fat. I'm sure the amp/cab being used have a lot to do with it as well.

Good luck with those beauties!

• 2 weeks later...

gsgbass:

Remember the wait I had for my SG Bass? 9 months I think.

I just ordered a Guild Starfire Bass back in November...still waiting...

I'm glad you brought up the trials, and tribulations you had just ordering your SG Std. I remember you were having troubles just getting the order through the local dealer you wanted to go through. You and I both were getting SG Std.'s at the same time.

The Fretless Jazz I ordered from Sweetwater is on it's way. Estimated delivery, Thursday, the 26th. Merry Christmas from Sweetwater Santa. I am going to change out the Tort PG, to a Black Pearl PG. The Black Pearl PG is on it's way from Fender. [rolleyes]

I hope your Guild Starfire Bass shows up soon. Who did you order it through? The longest I ever waited for an ordered bass, was two and a half months. That was a G&L SB-2 special order, to my specs.

Yes, they just sold the last one.

I prepaid so I have first dibbs on the next batch they get.

They will send me pics and I can tell them the one to ship.

That's good. After I ordered my Jazz, they sent me pics of it. The pics of the Jazz were the ones that appeared in the Guitar Gallery, the ones I saw before ordering it. I had a choice of one. :rolleyes: It's still a good way of ordering an Axe. Not as good as in your hands to buy, but better than sight unseen.

• 5 weeks later...

I just picked up a Gibson Les Paul Junior Doublecut Bass. They made these in a limited run in 2011, and you hardly ever see them. One popped up on Guitar Center's used site for a good deal, so I had to snag it. I really like it!

DSC_0289_zpsde964737.jpg

DSC_0295_zps25492941.jpg

DSC_0293_zpsf6046234.jpg

DSC_0297_zps0acf4a65.jpg

DSC_0293_zpsf6046234.jpg

DSC_0299_zpsb61749fd.jpg

DSC_0300_zpsee0b874d.jpg

Archived