Gibson Brands Forums

Show your basses!

Bassmedic05

Yeah those Rics don't come cheap. Sam Ash usually sells them for around $1,950. What Ric finish are you liking at this time? My local Sam Ash has a SG Spl. Fireburst in stock also.

I am looking for fireglo, my local Sam ash had one in Jetglo and one in natural, both nice but not what I am wanting, which is fine, it will take a few months to have my funds ready.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know, I played a regular finish sg bass and a faded sg bass, I think I like the faded much better, it felt better in my hands and I liked the tone better, it's hard describe because the difference were subtle.

I totally agree with you. The less glossed body seems to have better overall harmonics. They also seem to tune better. In this case, I do believe cost's less is better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess it's my turn now.

Di2vuHC.jpg

From left to right:

Main player, Fender P bass MIM from 2008 modified

Main player, Gibson EB 2014

Epiphone Thunderbird 2010

Sx Jazz Bass (first bass) 2008

Fender P bass MIM modified 2010

In the background, my Ashdown rig, MAG 300 Evo II + MAG 115 and MAG 410

(plus a lot of shoes)

I guess it's my turn now.

Di2vuHC.jpg

From left to right:

Main player, Fender P bass MIM from 2008 modified

Main player, Gibson EB 2014

Epiphone Thunderbird 2010

Sx Jazz Bass (first bass) 2008

Fender P bass MIM modified 2010

In the background, my Ashdown rig, MAG 300 Evo II + MAG 115 and MAG 410

(plus a lot of shoes)

Nice! It's good to see a Gibson in there! msp_thumbup.gif What's your first decision before a gig - bass or shoes?msp_biggrin.gif

BTW: Welcome

• 2 weeks later...

another beautiful EB-3 SG! congrats, you know how to pick 'em!

Thanks, it does have a real nice grain in the wood. I do know how to pick em', hanging on to them is another story though. [rolleyes]

I kinda' like the Fiery Red Heads. [thumbup]

7VkPRan.jpg

I lean towards "fiery redheads myself". I was s tame auburn in my youth (more grey now); but, my daughter got the fiery red and the temper to match. That being said, your Reba is activating my GAS, I would need to sell some other toys to get that. Then I would need to sell the Rickenbacker to finance the lawyer after my wife divorces me. On top of that, it would be another bass I would be afraid to take out in public for fear of chipping or scratching it. My Rivoli never leaves the house.

I'm trying very hard to hang on to these three Axes I have now. I do know what you mean about selling to acquire another. Oh Yeah,………. and the wife thing too. [rolleyes]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived