Gibson Brands Forums

Show your basses!

Bassmedic05

Nice Bass! I see you have the second version with the two mini toggles for the expansion & compression mode. Mine is all in working order, I really don't play it often enough, it's possibly my heaviest bass. I have one NOS Moog circuit board I picked up on ebay a while back for future repairs. My Les Paul Triumph has been my main bass for quite a while. I'l post a photo of the matching guitar, same year.

1978GibsonRDArtist.jpg

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Bass! I see you have the second version with the two mini toggles for the expansion & compression mode. Mine is all in working order, I really don't play it often enough, it's possibly my heaviest bass. I have one NOS Moog circuit board I picked up on ebay a while back for future repairs. My Les Paul Triumph has been my main bass for quite a while. I'l post a photo of the matching guitar, same year.

1978GibsonRDArtist.jpg

I have been wanting to find a matching guitar for years, I purchased the GOTW but I traded it for a Pbass.

SD530200.jpg

I never did bond with it.

You even matched the RD Artist bass and guitar to the year.

Where are you finding these things?

The '69 EB3 is my favorite in your collection.

I found the bass at a local guitar shop. Shortly after that, a friend found the guitar in the thrifty section of the classifieds for $450.00!

I didn't even dicker with the guy. That was one of the better bargins I ever had a chance to buy! Even for over ten years ago.

1969GibsonEB-3.jpg

I have been wanting to find a matching guitar for years, I purchased the GOTW but I traded it for a Pbass.

SD530200.jpg

I never did bond with it.

I was surprised to see that Gibson reissued that in the first place, I never saw one in person. Over the years, I've had two chances to buy a RD Artist CMT. Looking back on it, I wish I had bought one of them.

Not all GIBSON's , but at least there is one!

I am really enjoying the thunderbird and it gets regular service. It punches the SVT3 Pro along nicely.

The double is a Cremoana. It plays really well and is set up fine for me. It has a great sound, very good for the dollars!

post-25559-018905300 1299320111_thumb.jpg

post-25559-072466800 1299320137_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I ever saw a maple fboard on any Gibson guitar or bass. If that's true, I wonder why Gibson never did maple?

Every SG shaped guitar I've seen had rosewood or ebony. Hard to picture maple.

Why maple? I've heard they are brighter. But I bet I couldn't hear the diff.

I just like the feel of it. To me, it feels quicker. A harder surface, I feel like I don't press as hard, and Nylon D'Addario sound great on it. Like my fingers rebound faster. They probably don't, I just like Maple. Good enough for Hendrix. [thumbup] As soon as you get your SG, PICS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived