Bassmedic05

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

G'day to all you fellow Gibson Bass owners,

just joined this forum today and came across this heading of Show us your Basses. Not sure if I have figured out how to attach or include pictures of my instruments, but if this fails would sure like some help on how to do this the correct way.

The 1st bass that I bought is an Ibanez TRB-100, purchased in Australia in the mid to late 90's. My 1976 Les Paul Triumph Bass was only bought in August of this year, (birthday present to myself seeing as it was my 60th,) from a vintage guitar site in the USA and I had it shipped to New Zealand where I am currently living. I started learning music at about age 11, 6 string acoustic, roughly the beginning of the Beatles era, and my teacher managed to get a 6 string Gibson Jazz? (memory is a bit vague here,) beautiful to play and that planted the Gibson seed in my head. Finally in a position to get a Gibson and to hell with the expense, am still in 7th heaven and loving it. Would dearly like to hear from any fellow fanatics. Ozziejohn.

greetings, Ozziejohn! many people use a photo hosting site like photobucket.com to add pics to their posts. it's free and once you've uploaded a photo, they provide a link you can use in this forum. hope to see your basses soon!

G'day ramone57, have tried to add my pics but can't seem to get the file size to down below 500K. Any suggestions?

your Triumph is beautiful! I love mine, despite it's weight.

G'day Ramone57,

yeah they are a weighty beasty but I can live with that. When it arrived from the States I couldn't believe the condition of the instrument. It has a couple of nitro cracks on the back but all in all nearly perfect. It came with its original case (on which the handle has been replaced), an old guitar lead and a "hippie" type strap, original hand book and the original sales tag. It was 1st sold on December 24, 1976 from a store in West Bethesda, Maryland for the princely sum of $441:00. I have kept the original strap buttons but have replaced them with lock strap types, don't want to take any chances with it falling off.

anyway been good talking with you, have a good day,

Ozziejohn.

• 1 month later...

I posted this Bass earlier in this thred, this is how is looks now after I have made some small mods to it:

Hipshot supertone bridge and Thrusrod cover without the SG print.

I really like the Supertone bridge, much better than the orig. three point bridge, sustain - intonation - no silk over the sadles problem and best of all, I can always put the original bridge back, but I don't think it will ever happen [biggrin]

Gibson_mod.JPG

• 2 months later...

Archived