Gibson Brands Forums

the "les paul friendly gear" thread

Thundergod

XPGSO-HB.jpg

1960 2003 Historic through a 59 Bassman. Plus a Fulldrive 2 pedal for lower volumes. Sustains for a bloody month of Sundays..Pavarotti on steroids. No gadgets, no gizmos..Pure tone..

http://www.historiclespauls.com/index.php?action=showgallery&id=161&requesturi=%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Dshowmodel&model=%25&orderby=hits+DESC&volltext=

Or sometimes one of these..Depends on the gig.

fred5.jpg

Has anybody tried the Dunlop Classic Wah & Jimi Hendrix Wah back to back (or at all)' date=' and what did you think of them?[/quote']

...ahem... do you mean "with a les paul"? :D

i havent... i tried the dunlop classic and liked it but havent had the opportunity of playing the hendrix wah.

O ye of little faith! Of course with a Les. Thanks' date=' Thunder. I've tried the Classic as well, but haven't driven the Hendrix either. Anyone else out there done so?[/quote']

man... you almost got this thread shut down!!! :-s

I did a side-by-side-by-side with a Jimi Hendrix Signature, Zakk Wylde & a 535Q. The 535 was the best of the three, 2nd was the Hendrix. The Wylde is absolutely incredible...for the first five minutes. After that, it's too treble-y.

Then I did another side-by-side-by-side between the 535Q, Dimebag & Slash. The Dimebag did it for me. Here's the link. I'd recommend a pedal with a wah range knob on the side...much more versatile for when you're playing your Les Paul. The Hendrix doesn't have one.

Archived