Gibson Brands Forums

sorry guys

LynyrdSkynyrd-14

Fender Case. This reminds me (sorry lil bro) I answered the phone at work today (I sell MINI Coopers) and this guy says to me "I just bought this used MINI from an individual and I need to schedule a time to bring it in and have you show me how to use everything and I need you to do some programming on it". I did my best to keep from cracking up as I said sir, let me transfer you to service. I wanted to go off and explain to him how this world works but he was nice and they record our phone calls. Sorry to go off topic, but this just reminded me of that.

Actually the American Standard (which is new for this year and replaces the American Series) comes with a Fender case manufactured by SKB. They switched to SKB manufactured cases this (2008) model year. I'd post a link to the spec sheet but I'm not sure it would make it through the moderators! O:)

Actually the American Standard (which is new for this year and replaces the American Series) comes with a Fender case manufactured by SKB. They switched to SKB manufactured cases this (2008) model year. I'd post a link to the spec sheet but I'm not sure it would make it through the moderators! O:)

yep

I think a question is a question, no matter the subject.

Yes they do come with an SKB case. It's actually a very nice case and it's TSA approved. The guitar ain't to shabby either. Sorry Gibson.

I'm taking my guitar w/me on flight next week. If I didn't have this case, there is no way that I would think of bringing my guitar.

Let's all be honest & agree that once you're over the $900 mark, there really aren't many BAD guitars anymore. Some are better than others, some manufacturers are taking the mick asking what they do, but it starts to come down to personal preference. More than one of us owns a Fender, Gretsch, PRS, B.C.Rich, Epi, etc etc etc ad nauseum and we're quite ok with them, or we wouldn't have bought then.

The Les Paul forum's probably not the best place to ask about Fender guitar cases, but there's also a wealth of hard-earned knowledge amongst the people on here. Perhaps an easy way to avoid upset is to ask for replies to be sent to a facebook/myspace/private email address. Then again I couldn't care less about political correctness.

Sorry but the new American Standard Strats are SWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!! Let's face it. You can't do everything on a Les Paul. You also can't do everything on a strat. Two TOTALLY different guitars. Both equally cool and both equally iconic. Am I right? Or am I right? Or am I right? I think Gibson should make their LP standards $1000. Revolution!

Let me give you a few words of advice were practically the same age so don't take this too hard.

Settle down on the posting you post about 50 times a day, and many of your questions could be answered by searching Google, Guitarworld's forum, and just try posting on fender's forum. I have before, lets give it up fender makes great guitars, and I don't mind stating that. I have and had many questions about guitars and I want to learn as much as I can about them.

Lets face it your going to meet people that come off mean to you so just man up and take it.

Again don't take this in a mean way Im just trying to help you out.

Let's face it. You can't do everything on a Les Paul. You also can't do everything on a strat.

Could you elaborate on this...? my guitar tech / good friend uses only american strats... he says only a strat is good enough... imagine that... and he will only settle for a strat... he plays everything and his playing is outstanding... breathtaking actually.

Me on the other hand, i own/have owned some fenders, and of course other brands (epi, jackson, ibanez, esp, gretsch, guild, and so on), but i couldnt be happier with my gibson les paul, i play everything you can play with an electric guitar, and i mean EVERYTHING, from jazz to black metal, from salsa to blues, ballads, ballenatos! and my gibson serves me more than ok.

So why is it that i always hear / read people saying "you cant play everything on a gibson" or "you cant play everything on a strat"... cmon... there are people out there that play everything on a tele or a melody maker!

So please elaborate (and not meaning to be an *** but i want examples)

I think Gibson should make their LP standards $1000.

You can dream....

It's hard to assemble a good Strat from American parts for $1,000.

A LP Standard for $1,000?

Those days are long gone, unless you can find somebody in a bad money pinch.

Thinking about what Thundergod said. I suppose you could play whatever you want ON whatever you want. There are definitely commonly-agreed bechmarks for tone for many genres established by decades of trial and error, but that shouldn't stop you from doing what you please with the guitar you prefer. Saying that, good luck playing death metal on a Gretsch Country Gent!

If we're going to pidgeonhole ourselves according to the instrument, we already have restricted our own creativity. There must have been some who told Jimmy Page he couldn't use a violin bow or he'd look and sound stupid. I see Yngwie's signature guitar isn't another Ibanez, but a Strat - and nary an EMG in sight.

Sometimes it's good to do something off the wall & see what you get. It may be awful, but it may lead you in a new direction as well.

Archived