Gibson Brands Forums

Chain

Buc McMaster

One more for the singer/songwriter types out there.

This one concerns the unrelenting pursuit of a poor fella that, while enjoying the benefits of the relationship, he's not swallowing it all hook, line and sinker. Can you figure what it is that she says "all the time"?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvY3QT7akYY[/YOUTUBE]

Chain / copyright 2006 MBBowen

You say it all the time, the same old line

I've heard it all before.

You'd think I'd know by now, I'd learn somehow

And you wouldn't say it anymore

But I will tell you this, baby

For as long as I exist

It's gotta be you, pullin' my chain, callin' my name

You know me way too well, but you don't tell

And I'm not gonna confess

Your little secret smile, goin' off the dial

Always did say it best

And you're the only one, baby

The one I can't outrun

I think I've made it clear, I've been sincere

And you know just where I stand

I've got to go it alone with my heart of stone

Out here in no man's land

But as the years go by, baby

Still I can't deny

Buc,

What more can I say, I'm really enjoying these tunes you've been rolling out for us.

While I personally consider your songs themselves to be the main attraction, that CJ-165 plays a mighty fine supporting role. Nice lively tone and from the audio track, it definitely sounds like it projects well (fyi: I always listen via a set of quality headphones).

On a related note, I realize many here are critical of the AGF, but one thing that site has going for it is a forum specifically dedicated to audio/video of people playing their guitars. A person could fill pages (or screens) trying to describe how their guitar sounds and still not come close to actually allowing others to hear it for themselves. The videos you've been posting "speak volumes" about your skills as a songwriter and as a performer, not to mention how good your new Gibson sounds. It would be great to have a forum here that showcased such efforts. (I know, beggars can't be choosers, so on and so forth.)

Thanks again Buc for posting up all the videos. Very entertaining.

All the best,

Guth

...where'd you get that awesome Skull and Crossbones for your Dodge?

From Billet Technology. They make tons of billet parts for Dodge' date=' including the same skull & bones wheel center inserts on my car as well. Nice stuff, well made. The car is a SRT Magnum - more get up an' go than a man has a right to expect from a daily driver!

And Guth....... Thank you, sir! And I agree that the song is the thing for me. I have very limited guitar skills, I recognize that, and I play to my strength.....my writing. While the little CJ sounds good, it's nothing like my SJ200 was. But the one thing it is that the 200 was not is the right guitar for me. I can actually [i']play[/i] this one, at least to the best of my abilities. So the guitar swap was the right thing to do.......I'm free to play again and, hopefully, open some new roads in my writing.

Thanks to all for your compliments! I have more!

Archived