Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

These guitars come with a gigbag so I was looking to get a hardshell case, the gibby's go for $199, I was browsing MF and found a couple, one is 50 http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musician's-Gear-Deluxe-LP-Hardshell-Case?sku=540949 and an ephi on sale for 79 http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Hardshell-Case?sku=517248 and a few more anyone have any thoughts about a HSC

278250.jpg

551455.jpg

562384.jpg

Roadrunner cases are nice???

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, folks, I am the proud father of a Burst. Delivery is this Friday. =D> It turns out, that the tracking #'s were corrected just before 8:00 est.

I never knew or even thought about fed-ex tracking #'s, but, they recycle every year or so is what they told me.. :-k As far as M.F. goes, I was in the top 25 on list for a Burst. I talked to them to cancel order and he said he wasn't sure if the first shipment, that I was on it or not. They have to wait to check out.

If I wasn't on the list next shipment was something like Sept. 25 or something in that effect. So I canceled it with no worries.

That wasn't so hard, and painful, was it?? It looks like I'll receive before labor day.. ee haw!! :-({|=

\

pics...i want to take a good look

True tone 6 I believe you are also a new daddy? I sure hope all you guys get what you all want. Mine was a painful journey, but, worth the wait.. Hang in there guys there is still plenty of hope.

At least there is 1 more Burst at M.F. if you want... :P

Hey Sparky congrats! Unfortunately,at this time I am still in the dark as to the status of my Goldtop.

Hey Sparky congrats! Unfortunately,at this time I am still in the dark as to the status of my Goldtop.

I don't know why, but, I thought you got one thru Ash for some reason? [confused]

If you don't mind me asking, approx. what city do you live in or by?? I'm up by the bridge.I was born and raised on the east side of Detroit, Fraser, Roseville area. I moved " up " here about 15 years ago..

These guitars come with a gigbag so I was looking to get a hardshell case, the gibby's go for $199, I was browsing MF and found a couple, one is 50 http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musician's-Gear-Deluxe-LP-Hardshell-Case?sku=540949 and an ephi on sale for 79 http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Hardshell-Case?sku=517248 and a few more anyone have any thoughts about a HSC

278250.jpg

551455.jpg

562384.jpg

I have purchased #1 in the past. I would not suggest this case. It was really cheap.

I ordered #3 (Gator) for my 50's Tribute. The case is supposed to be here tomorrow. Still not sure about the guitar [sad] I can report back when I get it.

I don't know why, but, I thought you got one thru Ash for some reason? [confused]

If you don't mind me asking, approx. what city do you live in or by?? I'm up by the bridge.I was born and raised on the east side of Detroit, Fraser, Roseville area. I moved " up " here about 15 years ago..

Me? I live in Haplin Minnesota.

h1.jpg

278250.jpg

551455.jpg

562384.jpg

Gibson cases are available pretty regularly on eBay for $110 to $135 or so (either used in great shape or blemished is common). I just bought this one for my Gold Top a couple of days ago (should be here in less than a week I hope). I got this for $101.01 plus shipping, which was $30. TBH, after my last attempt, Gibson cases was the only option I seriously considered.

I bought one of these and sent it back, not at all impressed with the quality, the fact that it was a bit different than shown, and mostly the fact that it didn't properly fit a Les Paul despite the description. Doesn't have a latch on the back side either, and avoid any that don't show a pic with the guitar in it so you can evaluate the fit. Fortunately, I was able to get a full refund, including return shipping.

This one actually looked sort of appealing to me, haven't seen it in person though. The price seems good at a bit under $100 shipped. I'd like it a lot better if there were an additional neck cradle on the other end of the accessory pocket like there is in the Gibson case.

Did anyone get a confirmation from Musician's Friend today that they did indeed receive guitars today? I'm sort of expecting a new arrival date of Sept or October like AMS.

I called M123 again late today at their earlier suggestion (I assume they're part of the same anticipated 8/31 mother lode as MF and GC), but they only told me they were still showing 8/31 and suggested calling back Wednesday. The CSR I spoke to this evening said these anticipated dates "are just estimates," but that if they don't get delivery on the actual day specified, they typically get the goods within a few days of the estimate. So I guess if I don't get an e-mail first I'll be calling again Wednesday.

Beautiful, congrats! [thumbup]

Thanks T-Bone! Loving the guitar. I was bummed out when MF canceled my GT, but everything turned out great when I took a chance at the Hollywood, CA Sam Ash. I went there when they opened up and they were just unpacking some shipments they got the day before. Man, it was like finding a gold mine when they brought out two unopended boxes of tribute goldtops. I opened one and there she was saying "take me home sailor"! They had one honeyburst hanging on the wall, but that goldtop was a looker and played and sounded great! I still have a preorder from my local guitar center, which is just across the street from Sam Ash, Hollywood. Not sure if the remaining goldtop and honeyburst are still there after the end of the day, but I was sure lucky to be the first customer when they opened up for business, talk about being at the right place and the right time. :) MF just lost a loyal customer indeed.

BTW....I went across the street to guitar center and asked the salesman that took my preorder when my goldtop was coming in. I showed him my new GT tribute and he was speechless. He checked the system and it looks like GC will probably get their shipment around mid Sept. I'm deciding to cancel or wait for my second GT tribute.

CONGRATULATIONS, Bluesguitar65! That's Awesome! How does it sound/play?

CB

Thanks CB!!! Haven't put it down since I got it this morning. Loving it. I'll post a youtube this weekend comparing it with my Gibson SG Classic with P90s and my 1977 Les Paul Goldtop Standard. Man, its really worth more than $849 IMHO. Great guitar indeed.

T-Bone you can get a case at Rondo music that has double neck support.

100_7561-3-1.jpg

Thanks, that looks nice (I like the loop handles). Couldn't find it on their site, but I'm covered for now anyway (unless I get and keep the second Gold Top? [scared] ). But others here may want to check these out. [thumbup]

T-Bone you can get a case at Rondo music that has double neck support.

TT what model case did you get ?

was it the Douglas EGC-300LP

Wednesday morn'n and no emails from SAD or GC say'n any of my babies shipped, but my CC has just been charged by SAD so the WGT should have shipped. Got an email from SAD with tracking #

When I check the GC website for the WCSB and Ebony the just say On order reserve yours today no date, the White one says 9/30, will have to call CS.

Should have known a GT in my hands is worth 2 on order!

Folks, Sam Ash is way ahead here and is the clear winner in delivering the goods. If you are able to do so, do your business with them instead. GC and MF are freaking hopeless. You wlll have a better chance of getting the 50s tribute with Sam Ash. I got mine from the Hollywood, CA Sam Ash with no pre order. Just walked in and the guitar was there. They had several, but not sure if they have anymore by this time. The Atlanta Sam Ash as of yesterday had just got a GT..!!!

I'm not sure anything from Gibson has landed onshore at the UK yet. Anyone have any luck? I'm getting nervous seeing all the Gold Tops popping up in the States. One of them has my name on!

Same here in Germany, my shop state that they don't have any Info from Gibson when something is supposed to arrive, but will send me a mail when they have it there. Which could take longer, if they don't get them in the first delivery. I feel the same seeing all the people here posting their GT's but the U.S have the advantage of quicker transport and Gibson can't make them all at the same time. Lets try to keep the GAS under control. But if this is going on for months now, I may end up buying a classic player 60s stratocaster :-)

Hello guys! I've called the instrument shop in Hungary, where I've preordered my Goldtop. They get all instruments via a German wholesale company. According to them, a Gibson shipment arrived to Germany at the end of last week. They could only tell, that the shipment contains the Slash models. They have no information about the Tributes. Unfortunately... <_<

You guys are going to hate me (preaching patience when I should just go and play my new Gold Top :unsure: ), but keep in mind, just the tip of the iceberg has even been delivered in the US. Only the Sam Ash orders (of the big chains) for some reason, and as it happened they left some available to their stores. They had no way of knowing that a bunch of us would descend upon them like vultures to pick them clean (largely due to the fact that other companies shipments for which we were waiting hadn't been received yet). Had the order of delivery been different, things would be quite different there too. But again, Gibson has stated a large number of the Tributes had been shipped, even listing numbers and countries (unprecedented while an ongoing model was being delivered I'll bet!). And we still need to remember the flood, the base cause for the excessive wait (not Gibson dragging their feet!).

And remember the schedule they've announced- it has this model being delivered over the next 3 months. Patience is a virtue. And yes, far easier to preach when you no longer have a need to be patient. Sorry for that. Now, here's hoping (and praying) everyone here gets theirs real soon! [-o<

You guys are going to hate me (preaching patience when I should just go and play my new Gold Top :unsure: ), but keep in mind, just the tip of the iceberg has even been delivered in the US. Only the Sam Ash orders (of the big chains) for some reason, and as it happened they left some available to their stores. They had no way of knowing that a bunch of us would descend upon them like vultures to pick them clean (largely due to the fact that other companies shipments for which we were waiting hadn't been received yet). Had the order of delivery been different, things would be quite different there too. But again, Gibson has stated a large number of the Tributes had been shipped, even listing numbers and countries (unprecedented while an ongoing model was being delivered I'll bet!). And we still need to remember the flood, the base cause for the excessive wait (not Gibson dragging their feet!).

And remember the schedule they've announced- it has this model being delivered over the next 3 months. Patience is a virtue. And yes, far easier to preach when you no longer have a need to be patient. Sorry for that. Now, here's hoping (and praying) everyone here gets theirs real soon! [-o<

I am just hoping that the stars align and God is on my side to make a HoneyBurst and a Gold Top be available for the $849 (I passed on the GT from Sam Ash Direct (and also passed on a GT avail. from a forum member from HarmonyCentral) as I just couldn't justify $60 extra for sales tax when the other online retailers don't charge sales tax.) in the next coming months. This is my prayer!

Well, I just got off the phone with Gibson Customer Service 800 444 2766 and he stated that there will only be 126 per color tibute 50s made and all colors have been allocated to dealers that have ordered. So get them if you can. So, there is a chance that many of us may get a cancel notice and a refund due. Call Gibson for more info.

I am just hoping that the stars align and God is on my side to make a HoneyBurst and a Gold Top be available for the $849 (I passed on the GT from Sam Ash Direct (and also passed on a GT avail. from a forum member from HarmonyCentral) as I just couldn't justify $60 extra for sales tax when the other online retailers don't charge sales tax.) in the next coming months. This is my prayer!

Jeeze, here in CA we pay 9.75% sales tax which is $82.78 on top of $849. You, going to pass it up for a guitar that is hard to get? IMHO, the longer you wait the less chance you will get it. I took a chance on shopping around and being presistant and it paid off, even though I had t pay the sales tax. Got my GT with no pre order from Sam Ash in Hollywood, CA.

Same here in Germany, my shop state that they don't have any Info from Gibson when something is supposed to arrive, but will send me a mail when they have it there. Which could take longer, if they don't get them in the first delivery. I feel the same seeing all the people here posting their GT's but the U.S have the advantage of quicker transport and Gibson can't make them all at the same time. Lets try to keep the GAS under control. But if this is going on for months now, I may end up buying a classic player 60s stratocaster :-)

I'd be wary of the Classic Player... I had one a few years ago and the truss rod malfunctioned and was too expensive to repair. Soon discovered on other forums that other guitars had suffered the same problem. Perhaps the neck maker was having an off week.

And I usually don't like to buy guitars blind but don't have a choice with these Studio Tributes as it looks like UK stores will be sending the stock straight out! Unless it's the white ones... no one talks about them.

Archived