Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd still like to hear people's reviews, and see some pic's as these guitars start to come in...especially as far as the weight - these seem as though they will be pretty light as compared to other LP models

Mine came in at 8# exactly, which is 1 pound less then my Traditional.

I'd still like to hear people's reviews' date=' and see some pic's as these guitars start to come in...especially as far as the weight - these seem as though they will be pretty light as compared to other LP models.[/quote']

Turns out my scale won't weigh the guitar by itself, but with me holding the 50's Tribute, I got exactly the same reading 3 out of 4 times as I did 3 out of 4 times holding my chambered Classic Antique (scale has a digital read out and resolves to tenths of a lb.). Both guitars also feel like the same wt. in the hands. And according to the Seller of my Classic Antique, it weighs 7.92 lbs.

Nice! I called Amazon today.They said my Goldtop was scheduled to be shipped on August 10th. I don't believe it but at least they didn't say my order was cancelled.

I called Musicians Friend today. They said they are getting 2 big shipments of Studio '50s tributes on 8/31 including the Goldtops. I asked about the goldtop that I had ordered on 6/15 and the CSR said I would probably get it. He said they wont get any more after that.

crossed%20fingers.jpg

Well I was just chatting with a guy from AMS and they confirmed me that october was the shipping date for all colors except for white....anyways...I am one of the lucki that got the guitar...=)

Congrats! Which color did you order?

Nice! I called Amazon today.They said my Goldtop was scheduled to be shipped on August 10th. I don't believe it but at least they didn't say my order was cancelled.

I called Musicians Friend today. They said they are getting 2 big shipments of Studio '50s tributes on 8/31 including the Goldtops. I asked about the goldtop that I had ordered on 6/15 and the CSR said I would probably get it. He said they wont get any more after that.

crossed%20fingers.jpg

I don't understand how you were not cancelled when we both ordered about the same time or I ordered my GT from MF before you.

I don't understand how you were not cancelled when we both ordered about the same time or I ordered my GT from MF before you.

I don't know.When did you order yours? I ordered mine on June 15th.The first time I recieved a backorder notice they said the had gotten more orders for the goldtops then they could fill in the first order but they could reserve another color for me.I said no,I will wait for the goldtop. The CSR today said they are getting 2 orders of Goldtops on August 31st but they wouldn't get anymore after those. Maybe my order is in the second shipment or maybe he made it all up. I'll find out soon enough I guess.

May be the luck of the draw, or they just haven't gotten around to canceling the order yet. Anyway, I certainly hope you receive it truetone6.

I don't know.When did you order yours? I ordered mine on June 15th.The first time I recieved a backorder notice they said the had gotten more orders for the goldtops then they could fill in the first order but they could reserve another color for me.I said no' date='I will wait for the goldtop. The CSR today said they are getting 2 orders of Goldtops on August 31st but they wouldn't get anymore after those. Maybe my order is in the second shipment or maybe he made it all up. I'll find out soon enough I guess.

[/quote']

I ordered mine on the 6/16. I know that MF did not have the 50s tribute available for order before the 6/15, so how did the people who claimed to order theirs before 6/15 were able to order? MF was a late comer on having the 50s tribute available for order. AMS, Sweewater, zzounds, sameday and Sam Ash had the 50s tribute for order way before MF did. ????

I got another backorder notice from MF today. I called to ask what was up and I got a very friendly CSR who told me that they are getting 40 Goldtops on 8/31. He said that after those are gone they would not get any more. he said that my order was in the Top 40 so I would get one.He also said that there were 40 people on the waiting list. He said he had to restart the "FTC clock" on my order and suggested that I call back in the middle of August to restart the "FTC clock" again so that my order doesn't get cancelled 4 days before Gibson ships them.

I ordered mine on the 6/16. I know that MF did not have the 50s tribute available for order before the 6/15' date=' so how did the people who claimed to order theirs before 6/15 were able to order?[/quote']

MF first posted the Tributes for pre-order on 6/12. I ordered online that very day. My order number is S026xxxxx.

MF first posted the Tributes for pre-order on 6/12. I ordered online that very day. My order number is S026xxxxx.

Joe,did you call to tell them to "reset the FTC clock" since you ordered? The CSR at MF told you should call at least every 30 days and specifically tell them you to reset the clock so that your order isn't cancelled. They won't do it automatically when you call,you have to tell them.

Joe' date='did you call to tell them to "reset the FTC clock" since you ordered? The CSR at MF told you should call at least every 30 days and specifically tell them you to reset the clock so that your order isn't cancelled. They won't do it automatically when you call,you have to tell them.

[/quote']

Yeah, I've been re-setting the clock every few weeks, and have confirmed that I'm in the initial batch when they get in. Between this forum, TGP, and the other LP forums, I've kept my t's crossed and my i's dotted on this order.

Yeah' date=' I've been re-setting the clock every few weeks, and have confirmed that I'm in the initial batch when they get in. Between this forum, TGP, and the other LP forums, I've kept my t's crossed and my i's dotted on this order.[/quote']

Good work Joe.I hope it pays off. By the way I saw this on Henry's Forum:

"stevebway" said:

I just found out after having preordered the 1950's Les Paul Tribute Gold Top that my order was cancelled after a month and several backorder confirmation messages

"HenryJ" said:

The tribute guitar is a limited run. This was made clear before it was made available to dealers.

When you have something desirable that is limited, you will have many dealers and fans that are disappointed. That is what a limited resource implies.

I am sorry for your disappointment, and there are many posts from fans like you that would have liked the instrument. We intend on keeping our word. When we make a promise to people buying our product, we need to keep it. We promised people this would be a limited run, and it will be.

I have already responded to several posts on this issue and encourage you to search for my responses, and the dialogue around those posts.

Thanks for taking time to let us know how you feel.

Henry

Archived