Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

Good work Joe.I hope it pays off. By the way I saw this on Henry's Forum:

"stevebway" said:

I just found out after having preordered the 1950's Les Paul Tribute Gold Top that my order was cancelled after a month and several backorder confirmation messages

"HenryJ" said:

The tribute guitar is a limited run. This was made clear before it was made available to dealers.

When you have something desirable that is limited' date=' you will have many dealers and fans that are disappointed. That is what a limited resource implies.

I am sorry for your disappointment, and there are many posts from fans like you that would have liked the instrument. We intend on keeping our word. When we make a promise to people buying our product, we need to keep it. We promised people this would be a limited run, and it will be.

I have already responded to several posts on this issue and encourage you to search for my responses, and the dialogue around those posts.

Thanks for taking time to let us know how you feel.

Henry

[/quote']

So i guess this whole "limited run" dissapointment has hapend times before this...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't worry about me Henry J; I should have my new Fender Telecaster in hand by the end of the week. That should take care of all the disappointment felt in this botched up marketing fiasco.

Given all the excitement around this sold-out guitar' date=' I'm not sure you can call it a marketing fiasco... Success, maybe? [biggrin

As this thread passes 37,000 views...

Yeah, Blackflag, I agree with you; Gibson managed to sell a Telecaster out of the deal as well. Public relations fiasco would probably be closer; at least from my perspective.

I'm out of the run; all I can do now is cheer on for the ones who haven't had their orders canceled.

And most unfortunately for me, my boss sent me to Brazil (yes, Brazil), and I am stuck here until mid December...

I'll probably only see those guitars as pics in forums. And to complete this tragedy those guitars are the EXACT guitar I had been dreaming about. Les Paul, P-90s, matte finish and Gold Top.

Oh well, as they say, **** happens I may still find it on eBay when i go back, though probably more than overpriced...

So well, when you complain about m123's or Samash's terrible customer service that diminishes your chances to get that guitar, remember this poor fellow stuck in a country where my chances to get it are zero. It might make you feel better.

Yeah' date=' Blackflag, I agree with you; Gibson managed to sell a Telecaster out of the deal as well. Public relations fiasco would probably be closer; at least from my perspective.

I'm out of the run; all I can do now is cheer on for the ones who haven't had their orders canceled.[/quote']

Thanks for cheering me on. :-k

Seriously, Teles are nice. I'm a big Fender player, and this will be my first Les Paul (but not my first Gibson). But I wouldn't be surprised if they do another run like this, or something close, considering the response they've had.

Assuming I'm still in the running, you never know.

And most unfortunately for me' date=' my boss sent me to Brazil (yes, Brazil), and I am stuck here until mid December...[/quote']

What part? That's a nice place.

I'll probably only see those guitars as pics in forums. And to complete this tragedy those guitars are the EXACT guitar I had been dreaming about. Les Paul' date=' P-90s, matte finish and Gold Top. [/quote']

Seriously. And no binding on the neck? It's like they knew exactly what to build to get my attention.

Well, I just got BO notice #5 from MF. In the email they state that "we expect to be able to ship your order within 30 days. We apologize for the delay."

So, someone explain to me this "FTC Clock" thing? I ordered mine in early June, and I'm still getting BO notices without calling. Do I actually need to call them and tell them to "reset the FTC clock" or is this a running gag? [cool]

UPDATE: My apologies for doubting the above. I called MF and they told me there is indeed an FTC clock and the person I talked to reset it for me and told me to call back in 4 weeks to have it done again.

Steve

I ordered from MF on 6/13 and just called for the first time to also "reset FTC clock".

Yes, the CSR said that was something I needed to do to prevent the system from automatically canceling the order.

Yes, need to do it every 30 days.

Yes, he says they're expecting a shipment around Aug 30th.

Nice to see the different stories are matching up. Thanks to those that mentioned the FTC clock, I never would have known.

As a lifelong Fender guy, I'm excited about my first Gibson. This was the first one that really called to me *and* that I could afford.

I can second that Blackflag, I wasn't really interested in a gibson guitar, but this product made me part with my cash and join the forum. In fact it's worked so well that I'm considering a Sg Classic if my order gets canceled.

Just thought I'd drop in and share this. I ordered the honeyburst trib. 50 on June 12th. I just got told Oct. 10. Bummer I've been expecting an August date. I bought from American Musicial Supply (AMS). I asked if I needed to keep calling in to keep the order from being cancelled and she was unsure. Doesn't matter I'll be calling every other week anyway. Hopefully the Oct date will make it. It ought to be a sweet guitar! Gibson might consider putting out more P-90 guitars. Bigbys are way cool and would be nice on a few more models like this studio Trib 50 IMHO.

Just thought I'd drop in and share this. I ordered the honeyburst trib. 50 on June 12th. I just got told Oct. 10. Bummer I've been expecting an August date. I bought from American Musicial Supply (AMS). I asked if I needed to keep calling in to keep the order from being cancelled and she was unsure. Doesn't matter I'll be calling every other week anyway. Hopefully the Oct date will make it. It ought to be a sweet guitar! Gibson might consider putting out more P-90 guitars. Bigbys are way cool and would be nice on a few more models like this studio Trib 50 IMHO.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiqdzSSIHmz7yZ8AF_eTREqVNvD88g2tv50JbIvWIhfnuxALg&t=1&usg=__YGVHM2kvJ8WPaMAHpd7cJWIm7ng=

yeah thats what happened to me on a cherryburst but at first it was a july date' date=' then an august date and then this october date...[cool

o well...we'll just have to wait...

No man' date=' I would not think of using your tragedy or situation to make myself feel better. What kind of work do you do in Brazil?[/quote']

I work for a company that sent me to work in one of their brand new units here in Brazil. I don't hate Brazil, it's massive growth gave me a nice job hehe, problem is with the fact those sweeties do not cross the Brazil frontiers. "Combined efforts" between massive Brazilian taxes for imports and Gibson's unexplainable lack of interest in a country that is growing impressively fast are the responsible.

What part? That's a nice place.

Seriously. And no binding on the neck? It's like they knew exactly what to build to get my attention.

In Sao Paulo, Brazil's most developed city, it's quite huge, 18 million people living here and the number is still going up.

Yes, no binding on the neck is a plus for me as well, I'm a bit of a Strat neck fan, I don't really enjoy binding on the neck. But on the body I do, gives that "vintage feeling". But on matte guitars, they do look kind out of place, so yes, pretty much the perfect guitar for me. Something like an unauthorized but very welcome "Klypterosform Signature Les Paul" haha!

FYI - Confirming the facts above- for those of you with guitars on order from MF. I asked customer service about the "FTC Clock" mentioned earlier in this thread. The person I talked to confirmed the clock expires 60 days from the date you placed an order. If you don't call and request and extension and your order is automatically cancelled. Be sure to call once a month and ask to have the clock reset on your order. Otherwise someone else might end up with your Les Paul!

Hell' date=' look at Dave65 and me. We both signed up to this forum just because of this guitar. Hugely successful product and marketing.[/quote']

Tap me in on that reason too. It wasn't even the marketing, it was the price, the quality of the components, the aesthetics and I could own my first Gibson.

FWIW - Same Day tells me that my order for the GT is expected in October - MF says the HB should be in by the end of August.

I still think there's a little bit of funkiness in the factory not being willing/able to assure loyal buyers that they'll get what their channel-partners promised...

But it leaves it right there. If I get them, I suppose I might just give them away to family or friends.

Uh.. I guess it pays to read all 28 pages.. but this is from the first page on the first post.

quote=

"60 made it out the door late April.

ALL FIVE FINISHES ARE NOW SOLD OUT!"

so that would say that there are many many many here that ordered online; if they haven't received their guitar by now they'll have to wait for Gibson to produce more.

Of what every quantities they (Gibson) wish to produce

Uh.. I guess it pays to read all 28 pages.. but this is from the first page on the first post.

quote=

"60 made it out the door late April.

ALL FIVE FINISHES ARE NOW SOLD OUT!"

so that would say that there are many many many here that ordered online; if they haven't received their guitar by now they'll have to wait for Gibson to produce more.

Of what every quantities they (Gibson) wish to produce

Yes Gibson has only said "This is a Limited Run Gibson USA model".

These look great. Can't wait for my cherry sunburst. Can someon confirm the forum rumors regarding production numbers? I've heard 120 of each color all the way up to 120 of each color for 6 months.

I seem to remember seeing the "120 each" statement somewhere, but I can't seem to find it on short notice.

Go figure.

Archived