Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

I seem to remember seeing the "120 each" statement somewhere' date=' but I can't seem to find it on short notice.

Go figure.[/quote']

That is from this thread on "The Gear Page"

Post # 78

5/24/2010 by

Pikesoldier

"i just called gibson. strait from their mouth. 120 a month in each color for 6 months. 3600 total, street price he quoted was something like $853. "

post #190

6/10/2010 by

toppsseller

" I just called Sweetwater and spoke with Mike Harris at extension 1382. He was informed about these guitars. He confirmed with me that they will be making 3600 total guitars. 120 of each color per month for 6 months.

They have 6 of each on the way and 1 goldtop left. They have 3 cherry bursts left and 6 honey, black, and white. I confirmed 3 separate times that these guitars are allocation that was given to them by Gibson and not just what they hoped to be getting."

There is no date of arrival that they know of.

This is not a sales pitch for Sweetwater, just information that I thought some who wanted to buy the guitar would find interesting. It's the most solid info we have at the moment. "

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For European

Musicstore is taking pre-orders. They told me there will be 10 per month (don't now if he was talking about 10 goldtop, 10 of each or 10 studio tribute...). For belgium specificly, Piens will have 1 ebony, 1 cherry and 1 white and that's it.

Crazy how big these became glad I bought my HB when I did though I was thinking of selling it havent had time to play in the last few months

That's too bad, it looks like such a sweet guitar... I've been waiting for my cherry burst since July 3 from M.F... Who knows what will become of this whole puppet show??

I think that the dealers should be shot for putting in so many orders, knowing 80% won't get filled or higher!!

That's the main reason I didn't order the G.T., I knew that was going to be a raw deal to many....

Hello Sparky Scott 29! What can I say then? I've ordered my GT on 21th of May - immediately after the advertisement appeared on the web page of a local musical instrument shop...Still noone knows when they get them! Of course I do understand the tragic situation in Nashville, and it makes me patient, but if they cancel my order the result of it will be on the news that night:)

yeah! there shipping! i think the worn brown is for slash because it was the first one off the line, so they could be the tributes. Also i was thinking because the tributes are the first guitars to be made after the flood will the increase the value of the guitar, just a little thought

Hello Sparky Scott 29! What can I say then? I've ordered my GT on 21th of May - immediately after the advertisement appeared on the web page of a local musical instrument shop...Still noone knows when they get them! Of course I do understand the tragic situation in Nashville' date=' and it makes me patient, but if they cancel my order the result of it will be on the news that night:) [/quote']

I says fragile..

Seriously though, You have a better chance than me, I believe,cuz the date you ordered yours..

I would have been WAY to late in line by July 3...

i just got my order canceled by sam ash for a goldtop. i ordered on 7/27 and was assured by sam ash that i was alloted one of the stock when they arrived. i called and the girl simply said, "we sold more than we are getting so starting from the last order going back we are cancelling them" shame on sam ash. and shame on gibson for insisting on producing the hideous white and "bozo the clown" bursts when really they should just be making the gold and honeyburst ones. those are the ones we want!!!![biggrin]

i just got my order canceled by sam ash for a goldtop. i ordered on 7/27 and was assured by sam ash that i was alloted one of the stock when they arrived. i called and the girl simply said' date=' "we sold more than we are getting so starting from the last order going back we are cancelling them" shame on sam ash. and shame on gibson for insisting on producing the hideous white and "bozo the clown" bursts when really they should just be making the gold and honeyburst ones. those are the ones we want!!!![blink] [/quote']

I know how you feel.

I just get a email from M.F. today. Well, actually this was my third B.O.'ed email for my Cherry Honey Burst, which I ordered July 3.

I never seem to hear anyone say anything about cancelled orders from any color except the G.T.'s?? Did anybody else see anything on C.B. or Honey's or the others being cancelled??

i just got my order canceled by sam ash for a goldtop. i ordered on 7/27 and was assured by sam ash that i was alloted one of the stock when they arrived. i called and the girl simply said' date=' "we sold more than we are getting so starting from the last order going back we are cancelling them" shame on sam ash. and shame on gibson for insisting on producing the hideous white and "bozo the clown" bursts when really they should just be making the gold and honeyburst ones. those are the ones we want!!!!#-o [/quote']

+1

I want the Gold top I ordered only to be cancelled by MF 3 weeks later. Now wating for ebony - not a fair trade.

I really can't believe all the whine in this thread...does anybody need any cheese with that whine?

Some Gouda would be nice. Or maybe a good Brie? [lol]

Love the look of the other Honeyburst (where was that from? Can't seem to decode the acronym' date=' I'm sure it's a Forum....).

Just to keep us on topic, I reset the FTC clock on my GT a few days back and am still hopeful it will be delivered from GC. And since there are now two other Honeybursts in this thread (pages 5 & above on 29), here's a pic of my pre flood guitar (more pics in my thread on it here). Very cool guitar.

orig.jpg

Archived