Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

HURRAY...My "Gold Top," is in! (3 days earlier, than anticipated, too.) I haven't seen it,

yet...I'll have to drive 2 hrs, to Wichita, tomorrow, and pick it up. But, my contact at E.M. Shorts

said, in his e-mail to me..."It's XXXXing BEAUTIFUL!!" I'm sure he's right, given the ones I've seen on

this forum. They got in, their entire back order (since March), today.

Photos WILL follow, you can be sure, once I get 'er in my hot little hands! I have a (paying) gig,

this Saturday, so I'll have a couple of days, prior, to get "used to her!" Really looking forward,

to this guitar, especially, for some reason.

Cheers,

CB

Congrats! I can imagine the feeling....you are one of the lucky ones!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HURRAY...My "Gold Top," is in! (3 days earlier, than anticipated, too.) I haven't seen it,

yet...I'll have to drive 2 hrs, to Wichita, tomorrow, and pick it up. But, my contact at E.M. Shorts

said, in his e-mail to me..."It's XXXXing BEAUTIFUL!!" I'm sure he's right, given the ones I've seen on

this forum. They got in, their entire back order (since March), today.

Photos WILL follow, you can be sure, once I get 'er in my hot little hands! I have a (paying) gig,

this Saturday, so I'll have a couple of days, prior, to get "used to her!" Really looking forward,

to this guitar, especially, for some reason.

Cheers,CB

Congrats Charlie Brown! Can't wait to see yours.

Thanks all...picture will follow, to be sure! I feel a bit like a

kid on "Christmas eve." LOL And, at 60, that's saying something...

not sure WHAT, but something. ;>)

Maybe, it's that old..."Only difference between Men and Boys,

is the price of their toys!"

CB

Truer words, I suspect, were never spoken, or at least my wife would probably say so.

Congratulations!

Ok, I'm going to buy a lottery ticket. I took delivery of a black one today from Amazon tonight. This afternoon, I got a call from Sam Ash saying they had just gotten a gold top and a honey burst in and I happened to be 5 minutes from the store (I live 45 minutes away). I headed over because I wanted to actually hold one of these elusive beasts for the first time and got to watch it pulled out of the box. Played around with the gold top for a few minutes while 5 more people came in to see it. It was too nice to leave behind so I'm now the proud owner of not one, but TWO! This may be sacrilege, but I'm taking the black one to my favorite airbrush artist to have a B&W (with color accents) pinup painted on it. I'll be swapping out all the creme stuff with black. Pics will follow when it is done. I'm happy to report that these live up to all the hype!!

post-25805-011312400 1285126224_thumb.jpg

I called MF today to ask about the latest backorder notice they sent me today and I got the same non committal response I got the last time I called:

"We will be recieving your guitar on 9/30,unless we don't recieve it" "We will be able to fill all our back orders,unless we don't get enough to fill our back order" " We have no control over what Gibson sends us or when they send it" "If you have a problem with this call Gibson".

Of course when I call Gibson to find out when they are shipping to Musicians Friend they tell me to call Musicians Friend for that information.It's A real "Catch 22".

Ok, I'm going to buy a lottery ticket. I took delivery of a black one today from Amazon tonight. This afternoon, I got a call from Sam Ash saying they had just gotten a gold top and a honey burst in and I happened to be 5 minutes from the store (I live 45 minutes away). I headed over because I wanted to actually hold one of these elusive beasts for the first time and got to watch it pulled out of the box. Played around with the gold top for a few minutes while 5 more people came in to see it. It was too nice to leave behind so I'm now the proud owner of not one, but TWO! This may be sacrilege, but I'm taking the black one to my favorite airbrush artist to have a B&W (with color accents) pinup painted on it. I'll be swapping out all the creme stuff with black. Pics will follow when it is done. I'm happy to report that these live up to all the hype!!

Congrats for that duo! Things happen for a reason...

Congrats! Well, folks Sam Ash delivers the goods again. People still waiting for MF and GC??

Yes you are right, I am glad I called Sam Ash and got mine. I would have still being waiting for GC to keep sending backorder notices.

GC still hasn't gotten their order. It will still happen. But I'm glad many of us got these from Sam Ash too. [thumbup]

just got the call my goldtop and honeyburst are en route! \:D/

CB should have his goldtop too (same shop).

Yes, Jamdogg...your's IS "on the way," they shipped it, prior to my arrival.

Here is mine:

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0009-2.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0011-2.jpg

Sound, and playability are 1st Rate! Awesome!! Finish...is, well..."Light!" Definitely,

not a "custom shop" finish, but for the price, I wasn't expecting that. The guitar is

"alive," both acoustically, and plugged in. P-90's are XXXXing awesome! (I already knew

this, of course, but in this guitar, they seem especially so.) We'll see, after the "honey-

moon" is over...but I can't imagine (now) that won't be for a long, long, time! And, it's

a "Fresh" puppy, too. The paint still smells "shop fresh," and though dry to the touch, it's

still got, ever so slight, a bit of "stickiness" to it. Body is 4 piece...the only thing I

wish they'd done differently (even with the 4-piece) is to have wider pieces, at the sides,

so the cutaways don't show the seems. I had my pick of 2, in the store, and chose the one I

did, because...overall, it was the best of the 2, there. It has NO effect (as far as I can

tell, anyway) on tone. In fact, it's...as I said, "Alive!" Maybe the most "Alive" LP I own,

at this point. So, 4-piece body or not, it's (definitely) a "Keeper," for the tone a playability, alone.

Fret work, is...by far, MUCH better, than any previous Gibson I've purchased. Pleking works!

The frets are rounded (not squared off "speed bumps," AT ALL), and the action is amazing!

The fret ends are smooth!! The nut seems fine, no pinging at all, and a good height/depth

of cut.

BIG SMILE!!

(Edit: Well...I found another seam...so, it's definitely a 4 piece body, instead of 3 piece, as I thought, at first.)

No Biggie!

CB

Archived