Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are those the stock tuner buttons? they are sweetly snot green!

Yep...the entire guitar is "stock," at this point. Don't really

see changing anything, except the TRC...for a '59...just to complete

the '50's touch. Kind of surprised Gibson didn't do That...in the

first place. ;>)

CB

Toys...yeah! Love 'em! The only "problem" if you can call it that, is now, I'm looking for a Marshall head, to complete the "1/2 Stack," thing. "Plexi's" are out of my price range, generally...and TSL is "too much 'stuff,'...so, I thinking a DSL (50 or 100 watt) would be perfect? This is total insanity, of course, at my age...but, no one ever accused me, of being "sane." [biggrin] So...???

CB

Geez. I wish I had those problems.....msp_biggrin.gif

Just contacted MF an they said they did not get any of the Honey Burst's in, and the expected delivery date to them has been pushed out to the end of October. MF says they will "hopefully" come in by then.

Toys...yeah! Love 'em! The only "problem" if you can call it that, is now, I'm looking for a Marshall head, to complete the "1/2 Stack," thing. "Plexi's" are out of my price range, generally...and TSL is "too much 'stuff,'...so, I thinking a DSL (50 or 100 watt) would be perfect? This is total insanity, of course, at my age...but, no one ever accused me, of being "sane." [biggrin] So...???

CB

Well, I think you mentioned your age couple of posts ago, but I remember one saying, coming from a 100m sprinter in his 30s, "Age is in the head". So true. So if you feel like buying a marshall, go for it and crank that thing up load!

So, I understand how hard it is now to find out which is the best amp head to fill that picture. I found this here quite an interesting (also lengthy ) read: http://www.legendarytones.com/marshallshoppers1.html

http://www.legendarytones.com/marshallshoppers2.html

If putting a non-marshall top on that cabinet is an option for you, check out the Vox nighttrain, maybe you're getting closer to a plexi sound than with a "hardrock" JCM 800 head and also at usable levels.

Yep...the entire guitar is "stock," at this point. Don't really

see changing anything, except the TRC...for a '59...just to complete

the '50's touch. Kind of surprised Gibson didn't do That...in the

first place. ;>)

CB

Whats the difference to a 59 TRC (Truss rod cover?)

Well, I think you mentioned your age couple of posts ago, but I remember one saying, coming from a 100m sprinter in his 30s, "Age is in the head". So true. So if you feel like buying a marshall, go for it and crank that thing up load!

So, I understand how hard it is now to find out which is the best amp head to fill that picture. I found this here quite an interesting (also lengthy ) read: http://www.legendarytones.com/marshallshoppers1.html

http://www.legendarytones.com/marshallshoppers2.html

If putting a non-marshall top on that cabinet is an option for you, check out the Vox nighttrain, maybe you're getting closer to a plexi sound than with a "hardrock" JCM 800 head and also at usable levels.

Yeah, I was looking at that Vox "Nighttrain" head, the last time I was in my dealer's shop. Definite possibility. I'll probably get a DSL head, anyway...at some point, IF/When I find the right "deal."

But, that Vox is a great idea, in the meantime...Thanks, Ellis..

CB

Got a notice last night that my Cherry Burst from Guitar Center shipped from Kansas..... should be here tommorow. Still waiting for GT that I special ordered at the GC store locally...they swear that I am getting it.... well see....

Picked up my CB from my folks house in DE on Saturday. I had it shipped there to save on taxes. I must say I am very happy with this guitar. I currently have an Epi Firebird, and an ancient Kramer Strat and they will be moved to the back of the closet behind the 20 guage and some old shoes. Looks like it is 2 piece back with 2 piece top but the back is blended so well you cant even tell. The sound and tone that it puts out is pretty amazing too, the difference between my EPI 'bird and the LP is night and day. Wow.... Now... I continue my wait for GT that I special ordered at the local GC.... zzzzz....

Picked up my CB from my folks house in DE on Saturday. I had it shipped there to save on taxes. I must say I am very happy with this guitar. I currently have an Epi Firebird, and an ancient Kramer Strat and they will be moved to the back of the closet behind the 20 guage and some old shoes. Looks like it is 2 piece back with 2 piece top but the back is blended so well you cant even tell. The sound and tone that it puts out is pretty amazing too, the difference between my EPI 'bird and the LP is night and day. Wow.... Now... I continue my wait for GT that I special ordered at the local GC.... zzzzz....

Congratulations, on your new CB. [thumbup] Sounds like (maybe?), if you're going to put them in the closet, you should just sell your Epi and Kramer. Might help pay for the new Gold Top, too. [smile]

CB

So,I got a call today from Musician's Friend customer service concerning my Goldtop:

The good news: I am near the top of the list!

The bad news : It may still be 2 to 3 months before I get it.

Apparently the production of the Goldtop model is taking longer than Gibson anticipated. At least,that is what the CSR from Musicians Friend said when I asked about the delay.

So,I got a call today from Musician's Friend customer service concerning my Goldtop:

The good news: I am near the top of the list!

The bad news : It may still be 2 to 3 months before I get it.

Apparently the production of the Goldtop model is taking longer than Gibson anticipated. At least,that is what the CSR from Musicians Friend said when I asked about the delay.

I'll cross my fingers for ya. I hope their not feeding you a line of B.S......msp_unsure.gif

Screwing the pooch might take precedence.

Just sayin'

Someone had to say it!!msp_flapper.gif

Musicians Friend just called me on my cell phone to say they found a Goldtop for me. Not only that they are are shipping it to me UPS overnight delivery so I will receive it tomorrow!

On your cell phone?? Now that's service!!

I hope it wasn't a crank call!!eusa_liar.gif

Thanks guys! No it isn't a crank call UPS tracking says

Shipped/Billed On:

10/05/2010

Type:

Package

Service:

NEXT DAY AIR

Weight:

27.00 Lbs

Great news! Congrats, we'll be looking forward to the pics and report. [thumbup]

Archived