Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! Now what do I do with all the guitars I bought since I been waiting? I never really thought I would actually get one of the Goldtops.

101_0513-1-1.jpg

I can think of only one (true) thing...PLAY them...hard and often! They won't do you any good, inside their cases! ;>)

CB

Glad the hear GC and MF are finally shipping the 50s tribute, specially the GT. I had my doubts with them, but I was proven wrong. Great to hear you all getting your 50s tributes! I'm sure you all will have fun and enjoy playing it as I do with mine. I've had mine for a month now and I can't put it down. I prefer playing my 50s goldy over my two recent Gibson Les Paul Customs [scared] You can't beat the value, playability and tone for the 50s tribute for the money. For those who have their 50s tribute, post a video!!

Excuse my sloppiness, but I love the tone.

My 50s tribute against the other favorite guitars I play. My goldie dethroned my 2008 les paul standard. [tongue]

Thanks Guys! Yes,a 2 piece back.

101_0533-2-1.jpg

I'd look again, from the bottom edge, and in the cut-away, for seam lines. in the pic it looks like a seam line disecting through the control cavity.

But I'm old, and my eyes ain't what they used to be...

I'd look again, from the bottom edge, and in the cut-away, for seam lines. in the pic it looks like a seam line disecting through the control cavity.

Yeah, look carefully...It seems more like at least a 3-piece back, to me.

No big deal, either way. Mine has a 4-piece, and it sounds GREAT!

Congratulations, all the same! "Gold Tops" are Great!

CB

Yeah, look carefully...It seems more like at least a 3-piece back, to me.

No big deal, either way. Mine has a 4-piece, and it sounds GREAT!

Congratulations, all the same! "Gold Tops" are Great!

CB

Yeah, mines a "4" too, and doesn't hurt the sound one bit, be nice if it wasn't chambered though.

Thanks for the posts! It is a 2 piece back. There is only one seam and it is through the control cavity on the treble side,on the right in the photo below.That is the only seam.The other 2 lines you see in the photo (one to the right of the control panel and the other through the bass side) are just dark streakes in the wood ,not seams.

101_0575.jpg

101_0576-2.jpg

101_0533-2-1.jpg

Musicians Friend just called me on my cell phone to say they found a Goldtop for me. Not only that they are are shipping it to me UPS overnight delivery so I will receive it tomorrow!

I got an e-mail from MF that my GT has shipped. No call to my cell phone and no overnight delivery though :-) Arrives Monday the 11th -- ordered June 13th, so almost 4 months. All smiles here now.

You know, I never hardly hear anybody say much about the Cherry, or the Honey's???

I agree about the Honeys, I think Cherry Sunburst looks better with the binding. I always wanted a GT, but when this guitar came out I found the Honeys just as appealing. Congrats to those of you that have both :-)

And I have to say, I haven't seen another fretboard like this, with the swirling rosewood up and down the whole thing. I got really lucky with this baby. [thumbup]

That is a beautiful fretboard. I have a strat which has an SRV signature neck with the Pau Ferro fretboard with similar coloring, although not as pronounced. Yes, I'd consider that a lucky grab on your part :-)

You know, I never hardly hear anybody say much about the Cherry, or the Honey's??? I wonder why that is.

I personally like the Honey the most followed by the Cherry. msp_confused.gif

Well, the ONLY reason "I" haven't gushed about the Honeyburst, is that I already have

a one, with my "Classic" (below).

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

So...this time, I was just looking for a reasonably priced, "Gold Top," which the "Tribute" certainly IS, and it sounds just "Awesome!" (Overused word, but it fits!)

;>)

DSC_0029-1.jpg

DSC_0009-2.jpg

CB

Yes Zonkers that is a pretty guitar. If I could, that would almost be 100 % cosmetically what I would chose, if we could chose that is.

And C.B., Yes yours are every bit as appealing as any others I have seen. Let's face it, Both you guys are very lucky, and should be very proud curators of those nicely crafted musical instruments!! msp_thumbup.gifmsp_drool.gif

Archived