Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

Henry said this on his forum

"The tribute Les Paul's were limited to one production run.

There is a rumor that a few more guitars will be produced. If they are produced they will only be sold in a limited number of stores and will not be be available for pre-sale or mail order. In other words, if the instruments can be purchased only if they are in store stock, and they cannot be reordered by the merchant.

This is meant to prevent the many problems and disappointments caused by dealers taking orders before they had instruments.

This has not been committed to, but is a real possibility. If it happens, it should be announced in a few weeks.

All the best

Henry "

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a rumor that a few more guitars will be produced. If they are produced they will only be sold in a limited number of stores and will not be be available for pre-sale or mail order. In other words, if the instruments can be purchased only if they are in store stock, and they cannot be reordered by the merchant.

This is meant to prevent the many problems and disappointments caused by dealers taking orders before they had instruments.

This has not been committed to, but is a real possibility. If it happens, it should be announced in a few weeks.

All the best

Henry "

Can't blame them for wanting to sell some more, but they've hucked this whole thing up right from the very first post in this thread.

I note with some amusement that the anointed few who have been allowed to post on that forum have had strings pulled by execs to find out where their orders were...

They need to have something else (other than a flood that occurred a month before the "announcement") to explain why they've failed so badly with this.

All the best

Henry "

There is a rumor... If they are produced... If it happens, ....sounds about right just what every one that has an outstanding order wants to hear more smoke and mirrors from Henry.... more limited run crap from Gibson

Why is Music123 taking orders for them and saying they will get them by November 6th? Is this actually happening or will these orders be cancelled?

I wouldn't mind getting one (goldtop), but not if I have to put up with the delivery date changing a billion times before it actually arrives.

Hmm...

By the popularity Gibson should make this a full model not a limited production model.

(forgive me if something like that has been said, I didn't read through the previous 82 pages.)

I got one ordered from 123 last night. I did receive a backorder email, but the web said it would it was expected 11/6.

We'll see.

I'm still waiting on the first one, too.

Not only that someone at MLP said they spoke to someone at M123 and ordered one.

BTW

Wildwoodguitars lists a white and a black model being in stock if anyone is interested.

No sir, nothing but the strings were changed. Leaving it as stock as possible.

How interesting. My pickguard bracket doesn't show that channel, down the middle,

or the "see through" portion, on the bridge. I wonder if they use different hardware,

according to what's available at the particular builder's station???

DSC_0010-1.jpg

CB

The tribute guitar is a limited run. This was made clear before it was made available to dealers.

When you have something desirable that is limited, you will have many dealers and fans that are disappointed. That is what a limited resource implies.

I am sorry for your disappointment, and there are many posts from fans like you that would have liked the instrument. We intend on keeping our word. When we make a promise to people buying our product, we need to keep it. We promised people this would be a limited run, and it will be.

I have already responded to several posts on this issue and encourage you to search for my responses, and the dialogue around those posts.

Thanks for taking time to let us know how you feel.

Henry

The tribute Les Paul's were limited to one production run.

Henry

All the best

Henry

What does that even mean?

Could it be the angle of the picture? Also my pick guard is raised up on the outer side of the body. Not sure what you're referring to with the 'channel'

On the photo of your Honeyburst, there's a "channel(?)," or metal strip, in the middle of the pickguard

bracket (top), that isn't on any other's that I've seen...at least as "standard" equipment. Also, from

the angle of the photo, you can see through the bridge, to the guitar's top/finish, below. That's

a bit unusual, too. If it's not...then "Mine" is the odd one, I guess? LOL No big deal, just a mild

curiosity.

CB

Hi everyone. Been lurking around since June or so. I knew I wanted one right away, but had to wait on some ebay/Paypal funds to clear before I could pre-order. Of course by the time they did, goldtops and honeybursts were taken down from all the sites. Was pretty ticked. Back in July I called a store we've got here in town to see if they knew if they'd be getting any, they put me on a 'call' list. Ended up getting that call a few weeks ago, went by after work to check it out and ended up bringing it home 2 Thursdays ago. I know some folks have done close up pics, I decided to do a short vid this weekend where I just shoot it at different angles. thought some of you might be interested.

I've got another that I need to upload where I focus on the body. Mine appears to be a 3 piece for the main body. It might be 4, but the way the grain is... kinda hard to tell

Hi everyone. Been lurking around since June or so. I knew I wanted one right away, but had to wait on some ebay/Paypal funds to clear before I could pre-order. Of course by the time they did, goldtops and honeybursts were taken down from all the sites. Was pretty ticked. Back in July I called a store we've got here in town to see if they knew if they'd be getting any, they put me on a 'call' list. Ended up getting that call a few weeks ago, went by after work to check it out and ended up bringing it home 2 Thursdays ago. I know some folks have done close up pics, I decided to do a short vid this weekend where I just shoot it at different angles. thought some of you might be interested.

I've got another that I need to upload where I focus on the body. Mine appears to be a 3 piece for the main body. It might be 4, but the way the grain is... kinda hard to tell

Cool vid man,congrats on the Goldtop!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9UVF1RnmLM

I just ordered another Goldtop from Music 123!

http://www.music123.com/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/Solid-Body-Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul-Studio-1950s-Tribute-Electric-Guitar.site7prod430789.product

Great HD video. What camcorder did you use? I"m looking to buy a HD camcorder, was considering the Kodak Zi8 pocket HD cam.

Just a little word from France to say that I received my tribute 50s HB this morning from the german website https://www.musik-schmidt.de.

I ordered it in the beginning of July.

3 parts body.

The setup is a little high for my play, but no big deal here.

Congrats on getting one,they are going fast.

I called Music 123 and the CSR said its not a mistake on the webpage,they really are expecting a shipment of "Studio 50s Tributes" approx 10/30 so if anybody wants one you better order while you still can. I think Music 123 is the only big internet store that is still taking pre-orders.

Archived