Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

Wow!! Yea, in this case you need a whole new toggle switch. Veeman is correct. You can probably take it to your closest Gibson Service Center and have them replace it for you for free. You may have to contact Gibson for the closest Gibson Service Center, but if you are handy with a soldering iron, its and easy fix. Also, you can also call gibson to send you a toggle switch.

Ok,Thanks!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they told me that, even though I had an early order, they're not getting any goldtops at all. Whatever that's worth.

There's not another guitar I want, and they don't sell the amp I want...so they're sending me a 10 pack of my favorite strings. I'll call that a win. Yes, I'm cheap and easy.

And, yes, I think it's bullshit that I ordered from them before GC, sam ash, and 123 even had it available for order...yet they (I) am not getting it. Bullshit. Flood schmood. That's bullshit. Make it available for AMS to order, I order, then you send my order to other stores that were later in line? **** that ****.

So they told me that, even though I had an early order, they're not getting any goldtops at all. Whatever that's worth.

There's not another guitar I want, and they don't sell the amp I want...so they're sending me a 10 pack of my favorite strings. I'll call that a win. Yes, I'm cheap and easy.

And, yes, I think it's bullshit that I ordered from them before GC, sam ash, and 123 even had it available for order...yet they (I) am not getting it. Bullshit. Flood schmood. That's bullshit. Make it available for AMS to order, I order, then you send my order to other stores that were later in line? **** that ****.

Do you still have one on order from Amazon?

Good memory. Yes - keep your fingers crossed.

Given the turn of events, I'm not optimistic. Amazon probably has less clout with Gibson than AMS (and GC, Sam Ash - who seem to have gotten preference). I hope Gibson realizes that when they give preference to different retailers, they're really screwing over their customers.

And I hate GC. They remind me of WalMart.

I received an email from WD Music with a 20% off entire order with code HALLOWEEN, so I was browsing the store and found this for $25 http://www.wdmusic.com/p90_pickup_cream_high_output_rw_rp.html in the clearance section Plus the HALLOWEEN coupon worked so I got 2.

ALNICO V MAGNET / D.C. resistance = 9.9K - Magnet dimensions in millimeters: 58 long X 3 thick X 12.5 wide.

This beefed up version of Kent Armstrong's already muscular WPU90CR pickup utilizes the sweetness of a pure alnico magnet. This pickup has the deadly combination of power and tone! A favorite among the WD staff and an excellent bridge position compliment to our WPU90CR. Cream Cover.

Reverse wound/reverse polarity.

I plan on trying them in my 50's Tribute and LP DC the P90 that come with them are not reversed wound

Wow!! Yea, in this case you need a whole new toggle switch. Veeman is correct. You can probably take it to your closest Gibson Service Center and have them replace it for you for free. You may have to contact Gibson for the closest Gibson Service Center, but if you are handy with a soldering iron, its and easy fix. Also, you can also call gibson to send you a toggle switch.

Thanks,I got a new switch,now it it is perfect.

101_0771.jpg

101_0786.jpg

So you overpaid for a guitar that shouldn't have made anyone's QC check off.

You could just return it.

Pain and suffering. That's a good one.

Good luck. I personally hope you make a mint off of it.

Sold....1325....on its way to a new home this morning...I think ill buy a new amp with extra loot I made....Ill tell you though, it wouldnt have been as easy if i wasnt so darn happy with the C burst...

Guest creativesweetener

My 50's tribute came in today at guitar center at about noon. shipped from a memphis gc. Can't wait to go pick it up. cherry sunburst for the people who think goldtops are the only way. I bought it for $628 with my trade in trade up discount and $55 in trades. What a deal this is.. I mean what a steal this is. I will be making a video soon for anyone who cares posting it to youtube.

On 4henry.gibson.com he said another large run of the 'tribute' guitar will be done. Whether he means the 1950's studio tribute or the Les Paul Tribute remains to be seen....but I would love to get my hands on a goldtop... I hope a date is released soon.

On 4henry.gibson.com he said another large run of the 'tribute' guitar will be done. Whether he means the 1950's studio tribute or the Les Paul Tribute remains to be seen....but I would love to get my hands on a goldtop... I hope a date is released soon.

I just read somewhere that they are out with a 60's tribute for the same price of the 50's...

I can't find it right now, but I'm sure that's what I read though.

I have great news for me.. I ordered a 50's Honey quite a while back, low and behold, I got the call today asking if I still wanted it it.

Of course I said yes to them....

I'll believe it when I get my email by the end of the day, but, they did take my card # to charge it saying it will be Fed Ex'ed out today.....

We will see.... I will confirm this when I can for sure...

I'd tell you where I am getting this from, but, it's top secret, no prying eyes until I confirm its shipment, then I'll tell you guys.

Just when I though all was over and done. msp_thumbup.gif

I have great news for me.. I ordered a 50's Honey quite a while back, low and behold, I got the call today asking if I still wanted it it.

Of course I said yes to them....

I'll believe it when I get my email by the end of the day, but, they did take my card # to charge it saying it will be Fed Ex'ed out today.....

We will see.... I will confirm this when I can for sure...

I'd tell you where I am getting this from, but, it's top secret, no prying eyes until I confirm its shipment, then I'll tell you guys.

Just when I though all was over and done. msp_thumbup.gif

Wow That is great news!

It is emailed to me this morning... My Honey 50's will be here Friday by Fed Ex... They just sent it yesterday....WooHoo msp_biggrin.gif

By the way if your wondering where I got this from, I can now tell you and confirm I got it from SweetWater......

I didn't want to tell everybody till I made sure it wasn't stolen from under my own nose....

I hope I like it at least as much as my Cherry Burst.... I may just have to keep them both.....msp_smile.gifmsp_laugh.gif

Archived