Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you like it, I tried to go through everything because I was also missing a demo that did that when I was waiting for my guitar. :)

@ T Bone:

I think you're right, we are often our own worst critics! That's what makes me think you're playing isn't that bad either! ;)

@ Bobsy:

As far as I remember my Honeyburst was packed in a big Gibson box, the guitar was in its (tight fitting) bag and I think the headstock part of the bag with the guitar in it was covered with an additional cardboard material. Finally the free spaces in the box were filled with air cushion. But I actually hoped that the dealer would open the box, to prevent me from getting a damaged one out of the ones he got. :D

greets

Patrick

Oh yea...

Does anybody think this thread will reach 100 pages.....

It seems such a short time ago, we started this whole thing...

Certain of it.

Very cool guitar, too bad I missed one! I will have to keep my eyes open for the next little gem that Gibson sneaks out!

You haven't missed these yet. They are still available at various retailers. And of course the second hand market will be there, though it seems most of us really like them and won't be selling. See the next post I've quoted. Sam Ash has been a great source of these (both online and individual stores, which are run separately and will ship). Two of mine came from them.

I just ordered a white one from Sam Ash this past Wed. and I wanted to do my part to beat this horse to a hundred pages LOL. Looking forward to recieving it Tuesday or Wednesday this week.

Great! Don't forget the pics! The white was much maligned early om, but I really like the Antique white with the cream plastic.

Can someone please tell me the (exactly) the way their 50's Tribute was packed and shipped?

Along with the contents of the box? Candy and an accurate description of packing materials?

Was the guitar in or out of the gig bag and how was the guitar supported in the box etc?

Mine was poorly packed and I have a suspicion someone had been inside the box.

Even better photos if you still have everything

Thanks I would really appreciate it.

Outer shipping box (plain, and was omitted on at least one I received), inner Gibson marked box, opening that there is either wadded plastic or bubble wrap (I forget, will check later today when I unpack GT #2 to photograph), and an additional cardboard "tube" around the headstock area. The guitar is inside the gig bag, and in the pocket of the gig bag is the inspection cert, warranty and owners manual.

I got another Goldtop!

101_1028.jpg

Nice! Is that a dark back R7?

[quote name='T Bone' timestamp='1291032430' post='797809'

Great! Don't forget the pics! The white was much maligned early om, but I really like the Antique white with the cream plastic.

If there was a choice I probably would have got the Honeyburst but all the finish choices look good. Fortunately, I don't have a burning desire for a Gold Top and I was excited to find the white one in stock. Pics when it gets here. David

Faded SG's?? I don't know... ;>)

CB

Well, my Robot LP Jr. Special at about $720 was (with P90's) [wink] . But those deals don't come along every day.

For those who missed the Gold Tops in stores, they are coming down. 13 on eBay currently, and auctions between $1100 and $1200 are ending without bids. There are BIN listings between $1000 and $1100. I suspect prices will drop a bit more, soon you should be able to snag one at under a grand, which is IMO still a good value. Just sayin'... Then again, once this temporary glut on the market eases, will they go back up?

Hi everyone,

I finally got my Honeyburst a couple of weeks ago and I love it!!

Here is a short video demo of mine through a Tweed Deluxe Clone (sry for my sloppy playing :)):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywomZ9LMBnY

greets

Patrick

GREAT POST!!! Nice intro too, they could use that in a commercial, well if they pulled their heads out of their butts and made this a standard production model. Very nice playing, and perfect way to show all the tones the guitar is capable of on it's own, with a nice tube amp.

Wow,cool guitar and great vid! Thanks for posting that.

GREAT POST!!! Nice intro too, they could use that in a commercial, well if they pulled their heads out of their butts and made this a standard production model. Very nice playing, and perfect way to show all the tones the guitar is capable of on it's own, with a nice tube amp.

Thanks guys, I'm really glad you like it!! :) These chords just called for an intro like this. :D

Patrick

The Fed Ex man brought my White 50's Tribute today. Very nice. The finish is about the same quality as my patio furniture but hey they said worn satin and that's what it is so I can't complain. I now know what you guys were talking about, the P90s are a whole different animal. I love 'em. I had to tighten some PUP and Pick Guard screws and a minor bit of set up is in it's future but I'm happy as heck with it.

lp50s001.jpg

lp50s002.jpg

lp50s003.jpg

I put mine on ebay today. Gotta start saving money for the Gibson USA "Dethklok Explorer"(it's the next big thing,lol).

Good luck! They're really moving slow there suddenly. One ended with a BIN of $1050 with no bids, another at $1099 ditto. I think we're about 2 weeks late for the big bucks (one did get bought in the last couple days for $1100). There were 12 Gold Tops I found there earlier today. At least two looked as if they might end under $1000.

Good luck! They're really moving slow there suddenly. One ended with a BIN of $1050 with no bids, another at $1099 ditto. I think we're about 2 weeks late for the big bucks (one did get bought in the last couple days for $1100). There were 12 Gold Tops I found there earlier today. At least two looked as if they might end under $1000.

Thanks,I have a low reserve on mine and it comes with a case and ships for free so sombody can get a really good deal if they bid. I listed it an hour ago and I already have 100 watchers! Let the wild runmpus begin!

image006.jpg

Interesting, I think we've got a new record (low) for the GT on eBay. One (no reserve) closed yesterday at $913.71, with shipping of $30. Another with a minimum bid of $1000 went untouched (had a BIN of $1100). For those who waited to get one (or had their order canceled), your guitar is now within reach! And these are still some truly awesome guitars (mine is still probably my most played).

I honestly didn't think that the price would drop quite that fast on them..

For some reason, I thought they would of held around 1200-1500 $ for at least 4-6 months, at least..

Simple supply and demand. There are now 16 GT's on eBay that I found (I may have missed some). Someone does it auction style, it sells lower. Others with higher BIN prices end untaken, get relisted for less. Simple fact is, currently on eBay, the supply is suddenly larger than the demand. That may change, it may not. They may even go back up (wouldn't hold my breath).

TrueTone's is up to $950 with several bids. With free shipping and a hard case, might be the best deal on one right now (but there are several days left in the auction, will it go higher? I am nearly certain at least a bit higher).

Archived