Gibson Brands Forums

Two SG's in two weeks - somebody slap me!

TattooedCarrot

iconsmilebitchslap7td.gif

Couldn't help myself. GOTW 61RI SG in satin walnut brown. Looks great in the flash pics; cool medium brown with a rough wood grain showing, but in normal light it looks more like a very dark brown opaque. I wish it was a little lighter brown like in the pic all the time.

IMG_7610.jpg

IMG_7609.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

You guys are amateurs.

I've owned more than 50 SGs' date=' maybe 60 or more.

I don't think that I could remember them all.

Right now I have 5 SGs.[/quote']Were not amateurs were just not loaded.

I feel your pain. I picked up four Gibsons in january' date=' and I bought 2 LPs in the last two weeks (a faded Standard and a Jr.). If you find a cure for GAS, tell me!!![/quote']

I think a temporary cure is a R8 or R9 LP. It's been a week for me with no G.A.S. ](*,)

I'm not loaded either- I've been playing for 42+ years.

I think the idea of a collection is that you COLLECT them.

Buying 100 guitars with lottery winnings would be a nice bunch of guitars, but not really a collection per se.

You young 'uns have a chronological disadvantage.

Us old guys have had time to make a little money and find some good deals.

Most of my stuff is pretty new because I started over after a blowout divorce.

Same with my gun collection.

Been at it since the mid seventies myself.....

Uhhhh I only own a faded SG.

At your age (I'm assuming you're young from some of your other posts) I couldn't have even dreamed about owning a real SG, faded or not. BTW, I'm 39, I own 9 Gibsons and I still love my faded SG. They're great guitars. In fact starting about two and a half years ago, it was the guitar that got me back into Gibsons.

At your age (I'm assuming you're young from some of your other posts) I couldn't have even dreamed about owning a real SG' date=' faded or not. BTW, I'm 39, I own 9 Gibsons and I still love my faded SG. They're great guitars. In fact starting about two and a half years ago, it was the guitar that got me back into Gibsons.[/quote']True I'm only 14 and I really really proud of my guitar. I was responding to his comment price wise. I bought my faded almost a year ago for $530 the price of his guitars together are over four times the amount of mine. It was a complement more than anything.

Archived