Gibson Brands Forums

I want to bid...just need the "is it real" question answered.

Josh James

Ok, I want to bid on this 93 standard on ebay, It looks real to me. the only issue is that it is missing the "L" on Model on the headstock. Give me your opinion, it ends in a little over a hour.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-1993-Sunburst-plaintop-/190402168438?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item2c54da8676#ht_596wt_934

Thanks,

Josh

Many congrats. Looks good.

Bet you can hardly wait for the doorbell to ring...

Snaps when you (eventually) put it down, please!

P.S. The seller states they don't know the official colour but, judging from the dark heel, it's almost certainly Vintage Sunburst rather than Tobacco Sunburst.

Now' date=' how do I get a "L" silkscreened on where it is rubbed off on the headstock in model? J[/quote']

I would try to get Gibson to authenticate it (if they do that?), and leave it alone.

It's unique. Like a double stamped coin. [biggrin]

I just checked the listing to make sure it was smoke-free, and it was.

That's a mistake I made when I bought my only sight-unseen guitar. The seller never mentioned he smoked (why would he?), and I didn't think to ask. Fortunately, the crappy case it came with absorbed most of the smell, so a few days out on a stand took the cigarettes out.

It really does not look like it rubbed off. It looks like it was never there at all? Hey, for the price and it being a case queen I don't care a ton about the "L" being rubbed off or never being there or whatever happened. Can't wait to get her and plug her in and get nasty!!

J

...Hey' date=' for the price and it being a case queen I don't care a ton about the "L" being rubbed off or never being there or whatever happened. Can't wait to get her and plug her in and get nasty!! J[/quote']

You are very wise!

Hey NICE ONE man

I have the exact same one, '93 vintage burst. I got picz on the Standard club Les Paul Thread!!! #-o

fantastic guitar. I payed in about the same region for mine.

Great buy, :)!!!

.....as always....PICZ or it didn't happen :-/

Enjoy.

Archived