Gibson Brands Forums

Toggle Switch

oglukem08

I just purchased pickups for my lp studio and i was thinking about replacing my toogle switch. I don't know if it's just because it's a studio but the toogle switch has always been kinda funky (possibly linked to the occasional tom morrelo licks). would it be easy to replace? or should i have a professional install the pick ups as well as the switch?

I dont understand the "tom morello licks" comment... who is that? and why should playing his licks affect the correct functioning of your guitar?

Tom Morello - Rage Against The Machine/ Audioslave.

As to the second half of your statement' date=' I agree.[/quote']

Might it have something to do with using (overusing?) the toggle switch as a kill switch?

Cat Daddy

If he wants the toggle to be a kill switch there's no need to re-wire.

Just roll the neck pickup to zero. Then when you flip it up it shorts the amp and there's no

sound' date=' i.e. kill switch.[/quote']

That's correct. However, I think that oglukem08's overuse of the toggle switch that way has caused it to become "funky", which is why he's looking to replace it. <g>

Cat Daddy

Actually, I think he was saying that the reason he needs a new switch is the fact that it gives him that effect now... whether he wants it to or not.

At least that is how I read it. And I have to agree... if you are asking, you have your answer... and don't skimp.

Archived