Gibson Brands Forums

June Songwriting Exercise........?

Buc McMaster

Seems I remember someone instigating a songwriting challenge to be completed sometime this month. Yep, I'm sure I remember that rightly. Anyone working on something? got something to post? Anymore interest in this? I've got nothing new at the moment that's ready to go, but I do have some solid ideas I'm kicking around on the new CJ. This little guitar has reopened guitar playing for me like I never expected.

Anyway...........anyone doing anything with this idea? I thought it was a good "forum participation" kind of thing.

I just put a self made EP out two nights ago if that counts. The songs were written in the last two weeks so it fits the time restraints i guess.

http://aaronwinston.bandcamp.com/album/so-long-high-school

Gibson Hummingbird Pro on the recordings.

aaron - your music is awesome. i even shared it on my facebook. you sound a little like paul westerberg early in his career. keep it up. you're really good at it.

Jeff -

That's more than I could have asked for. Thank you very much for the kind words! Actually, i recently got an intern job in Brooklyn starting this friday at a recording studio. High School's just finished up so I'm looking to get a little experience in before college. Thanks again!

Archived