Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scott1uk

Best strings for not rusting?

I use Ernie Ball titanium coated strings. They last for quite a while longer than uncoated strings. After a while the coating does tend to flake a little bit where you pick the strings though. But yeah, just about any coated strings are pretty rust resistant.

This is the link to the page for the strings that I use:

http://www.ernieball.com/products/category-921-Coated-/-Titanium

They don't have to be Ernie Ball strings but I think what your looking for is coated strings.

i just use standard ernie ball strings, i use super slinkys think will put regular's on next time though, and i havent really had any rust i think its only if you dont play your guitar for a while the strings rust but maybe that is just me

Stainless steel.

Tman, your strings don't have a titanium coating. The wound strings are coated in enamel. The plain strings are not. All the strings have a titanium twist lock at the ball end.

Guest BentonC

The most common strings currently are pure nickel and nickel plated steel. Nickel tarnishes, and will eventually rust depending upon a lot of factors, so you'll need coated or another material. I don't like the way anything sounds but nickel, so I just bite the bullet and change my strings often...

I wish I had strings last long enough for rust to be a problem. Within hours they start to go black. I must have sulphuric acid running through my veins [cool] I love the sound of Brite Wires on my SG, so I put up with it.

Fastfret... before and after playing. Does the trick for Hong Kong's 100% humididty...

Doesn't help the paintwork though! My pride and joy '359 custom' has stretch marks after less than a year due to the ridiculous humidity.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fast-fret/67715

This is Not and Advert!! it's just what works for me, I'm sure there are lots of other products available.

Stainless steel.

Tman' date=' your strings don't have a titanium coating. The wound strings are coated in enamel. The plain strings are not. All the strings have a titanium twist lock at the ball end.[/quote']

Sorry your right. But the plain strings are plated with titanium.