Gibson Brands Forums

Maestro pros and cons?

ichibanstar13

Good vibrato. Works just fine with a properly cut and lubed nut. But it's not made for dive bombing.

It's a three piece: a mount with a curled back tenon, a string guide with a mortise groove to accept the mount's tenon, and an arm that attaches with a screw and bolt to the string guide. The way the metal mount is made/bent, it acts like a stiff spring which, when bent either way, returns to it's original (center) position.

Guest BentonC

Yup- I think most of the bad comments on this are from folks who are expecting the same functionality as a locking system (ie. Floyd Rose...).

• 2 weeks later...
Yup- I think most of the bad comments on this are from folks who are expecting the same functionality as a locking system (ie. Floyd Rose...).

I have gotten into many arguments (one with a Gibson rep @ a Guitar Center' date=' even...lol) because I am a Maestro user and swear by them as fully-functional and useful parts that truly complete guitars like the SG and Firebird (and even the short-model on some Flying V's!). It's "it won't stay in tune" or "it robs your sustain" or whatever. My experience has ALWAYS been good with them, on old AND newer SG's (Gibson AND Epi models), and I won't buy a new SG without one.

In fact, while we have Customer Relations folks chiming in, anyone else wanna' throw a vote in for the reintroduction of the Maestro on the USA '61 Reissue? [biggrin Had to getcha', Benton. But seriously...tell them. Tell them now!!!! lol

H-Bomb

... In fact' date=' while we have Customer Relations folks chiming in, anyone else wanna' throw a vote in for the reintroduction of the Maestro on the USA '61 Reissue? ... Had to getcha', Benton. But seriously...tell them. Tell them now!!!! ...[/quote']

+1

Damn straight!

hbomb76 wrote

In fact, while we have Customer Relations folks chiming in, anyone else wanna' throw a vote in for the reintroduction of the Maestro on the USA '61 Reissue? Had to getcha', Benton. But seriously...tell them. Tell them now!!!! lol

+1

In fact' date=' while we have Customer Relations folks chiming in, anyone else wanna' throw a vote in for the reintroduction of the Maestro on the USA '61 Reissue? :) Had to getcha', Benton. But seriously...tell them. Tell them now!!!! lol

[/quote']

+1000000000000000000000000

Heck yeah!! As long as they make left handed models! I've always wanted that classic tremolo arm from the early sg models (not the side vibrato on the 61)

In fact' date=' while we have Customer Relations folks chiming in, anyone else wanna' throw a vote in for the reintroduction of the Maestro on the USA '61 Reissue? [biggrin'] Had to getcha', Benton. But seriously...tell them. Tell them now!!!! lol

H-Bomb

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact' date=' while we have Customer Relations folks chiming in, anyone else wanna' throw a vote in for the reintroduction of the Maestro on the USA '61 Reissue? :D Had to getcha', Benton. But seriously...tell them. Tell them now!!!! lol

H-Bomb

[/quote']

That would awsome and yeah tell them!

Archived