Gibson Brands Forums

Has Anybody Seen This? Fossil ES-335

hjarnett

This is not a new, or original idea. Gibson made a 335 with a Firebird headstock from about '64 - '71, called the Trini Lopez Standard. If you want a 335 with a Firebird headstock that will be reasonably priced, look for one of these.

This is not a new' date=' or original idea. Gibson made a 335 with a Firebird headstock from about '64 - '71, called the Trini Lopez Standard. If you want a 335 with a Firebird headstock that will be reasonably priced, look for one of these. [/quote']

Hmmmmm.........Yes, L5Larry, but I doubt you would be able to find a '64 Trini-Lopez for under $4,800 - the Patent No. p-ups would be worth that on their own! But if you do happen to find one then please drop me a PM!

LOL!

Just as a matter of additional info for anyone who hasn't seen one;

The Trini-Lopez headstock pointed down in the same fashion as the '66 Firebird, not up like the '63 ones.

It had rather unusual elongated diamond-shaped soundholes.

It had a rather fancy 'Howard Roberts' style tail-piece.

As well as the 'Standard' with the 335-sized 1 3/4" body there was also a Trini-Lopez 'De-Luxe' version with a full 3" body depth.

Hmmmmm.........Yes' date=' L5Larry, but I doubt you would be able to find a '64 Trini-Lopez for under $4,800 - the Patent No. p-ups would be worth that on their own! But if you [u']do[/u] happen to find one then please drop me a PM!

Ask and ye shall receive. . . .

Will a 1967 at $3750 do? 1967 Trini Lopez at Gbase.com

Or perhaps a 2009 reissue at $2300? 2009 Trini Lopez Reissue at Gbase.com

Gbase also has a few Deluxes below $4800.

Always glad to be of service.

Ignatius

Archived