Gibson Brands Forums

LP Specials & Juniors...Single and Double Cut..Faded or Otherwise!

charlie brown

Hey, How About LP Specials, and Juniors (Single and Double Cut).."Faded," or Otherwise?

Some of you, no doubt, have seen mine...but, we have to start somewhere! ;>)

2005 "Faded TV Yellow" LP Special Double Cut...with grovers, multiply pickguard, and '59 TRC, added.

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

2001 "LP Junior Lites," with with Tulip Tuners, and TP-6 adjustable Tailpiece, added.

All hardware on the Black one, was replaced, with Gold....just for fun!

DSC_0016-2.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

(There's no damage, on the edges..it's only weird refections.... ;>b )

How about the rest of you? SUBMIT!

CB

Tell me about it' date=' now that I am a guitar buying freeze after buying an R8 and a Dobro this comes up tonight:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/1803944283.html

#-o [/quote']

Damn, Stiffhand...if that's his "buy it now," that's a steal!

I can't get it, either...as I've got my '50's Tribute GT to pay for.

But, someone should jump on that one...seemingly, anyway.

CB

I know, it kills me but I don't need it at this time. Somebody will get a good deal.

There was a brand new Fender HotRod Deluxe from a guy that has an endorsement for $350 OBO the other day, that is a killer price for one of those amps.

Bad week to stop sniffing glue (Airplane reference), I mean buying gear....

I really want to get a Single Cut Les Paul Special in TV Yellow, or even the Double Cut but I can't find one with fingerboard binding.

I found a Double cut with out fingerboard binding for like......1250 but the lack of fingerboard binding was bugging me....

They also had single cuts....but no binding and not in TV yellow...

A TV Yellow Special Single Cut, with black P-90's and a multiply pickguard just looks so classic.

I really want to get a Single Cut Les Paul Special in TV Yellow' date=' or even the Double Cut but I can't find one with fingerboard binding.

I found a Double cut with out fingerboard binding for like......1250 but the lack of fingerboard binding was bugging me....

They also had single cuts....but no binding and not in TV yellow...

A TV Yellow Special Single Cut, with black P-90's and a multiply pickguard just looks so classic.[/quote']

These where student budget models when they came out and never had binding on the fretboards. You aren't gonna find one with binding.

DSC00460-1.jpg

DSC00464-1.jpg

1983 Gibson Spirit II, with two (or more) owners' worth of modifications. Prior it coming into my possession, it was stripped, spray-painted yellow, and re-routed for P-90s from it's original humbuckers. Another pot was also routed and drilled for.

I returned some of its dignity by filling the extra space from the humbucker routes and spraying it with black nitro, as Gibson did nearly thirty years ago. I also replaced the Ping tuners with Gibson Deluxe. This was one of the last models made in Kalamazoo, but this one in particular is from Nashville. I'd like to find a matching Epiphone USA counterpart for it some day (all Epiphones were made in Kalamazoo, I've read). They also made the Gibson Special, which was an SG-shaped version of the Spirit. Most people just assume they're SG Specials, which makes them harder to pick out when being sold online.

I'll be spraying a few more coats of clear on it someday, but money is stopping me right now. After that, I'll give it a new bridge and even pay for a pro setup. I'm considering having all of my guitars done.

These where student budget models when they came out and never had binding on the fretboards. You aren't gonna find one with binding.

The 1960 Reissues have bound fretboards, and are available now, double- or single-cut.

The Les Paul Junior wasn't bound, but the Special was.

Anyone got the transluscent "Red" Double Cut LP Special??

And' date=' what about those "White" Double Cut Juniors, with the flower(?)...(or was it "lace"),

engraved, on the pickguard?

Submit, submit!! ;>)

CB[/quote']

ahh the guitar of the month white nashville junior if i remember it was flowers on the pickguard like a j 200 im still kicking myself for not getting one

ahh the guitar of the month white nashville junior if i remember it was flowers on the pickguard like a j 200 im still kicking myself for not getting one

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. Thanks, Jerry! I didn't remember it was a "guitar of the month," I guess?

I too, thought about getting one, but (mistakenly) thought it would be around, longer. LOL!

"Oh Well!"

CB

2005 "Faded TV Yellow" LP Special Double Cut...with grovers' date=' multiply pickguard, and '59 TRC, added.

[img']http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/charliebrown1949/DSC_0027.jpg[/img]

2001 "LP Junior Lites," with with Tulip Tuners, and TP-6 adjustable Tailpiece, added.

DSC_0011-1.jpg

CB

CB can yoy give me the differences between the special and the lites.

Thx

Archived