Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite song performed on a Lester.

Josh James

Yeah, I've graduated from asking dumb questions on here or at least trying to! =) Yeah, that whole "Beano" album is really Clapton's best playing IMO, or most ferocious maybe is a better word? Moore is a stud, I'm trying to find out all about the best white bluesmen, not just your Clapton, Beck, Page, Duane etc. "All Right Now" is another one of those for sure! Who was Free's guitarist? Ok, I'm off to go listen to some old Fleetwood Mac, lets keep this thread alive!

J

This topic seems worthy of post #1.

Great choices so far. Any love here for Gary Richrath? The stuff that rocks. I'm thinking specifically of side 4 of the double album "You Get What You Play For". Or earlier, like what I just stumbled across on youtube.

"There's no school like the old school."

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Added this too, in case you're interested...

Gary in GP 2/82

This topic seems worthy of post #1.

Great choices so far. Any love here for Gary Richrath? The stuff that rocks. I'm thinking specifically of side 4 of the double album "You Get What You Play For". Or earlier' date=' like what I just stumbled across on youtube.

"There's no school like the old school."

[/quote']

I think we wore out two copies (and got a third- gotta love vinyl) of REO TWO at a friend's house, weekend partys and card nights in the mid 1970's. REO was more or less a local band in Mid Michigan (okay, regional- they were from Illinois), saw them in concert over a half dozen times including twice in one weekend at festivals on both sides of the State (at one, opening for ZZ Top, another great use of the Les Paul in those days).

I think you are right "Thunderz", I believe that is a Jr. When I think of a Les Paul I don't necessarily think of a Jr. because to me they are totally different guitars that are going for a different sound. My hero did play a Jr. back in the day, Mr. Leslie West, think he has a signature Dean now or something that is based on a Jr. ?

remember that cat from Blind Melon sang back up on Don't Cry? I really liked that band also.

J

Archived