Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Riverside

Customer Service

I've complained before about the floaters in my LP... it's time for me to put an end to carping about burgs.

I took VincentW up on his offer to make it right, and he's issued an RMA for me to return my LP to the factory (on their dime) for evaluation and potential replacement.

Thanks to Gibson for doing the right thing.

I, personally, have never had a bad incident, with Gibson's CS. They have always been

courteous, helpful, and in several cases, went beyond what I expected, or even asked for.

Of course, I always try to be the same...courteous, understanding, and at the same time,

clear, on what I need/want, or expect. It's really never been a problem, with them. And,

it's only good business, in the first place.

CB

Good to hear it went well for you. I also have found , that Gibson has always done the right thing when it comes to taking care of the customer.

hopefully your burg didn't have babies, lol !!!!!

No chance Vincent wants to put an RMA on my LG-0, is there?

Sure, it left (a different) factory 45 years ago and I'm not the original owner, but it needs some work done.

If they choose to remove the burgs, you should request that they send them back with the guitar and post pix. We have yet to see any photos of an actual burg.

Okay, newbie question time.... What's a burg?

Glad to hear they're taking care of you. Is the repair shop currently open for business? (what with the flood and all). Need to know, as I'm about to have Guitar Center send them my sick Robot Les Paul Jr. Special (just exchanged for another, and the new one has robotic issues as well....). It's a great concept though, I hope we can get it running properly!

I for one have noticed a 2000% increase on Customer Service presence here on the forum.. guess they’re waiting for the construction crew to finish fixing the plant.

But I’m glad they’re there so often now.

The whole "burg" thing is a case of people making fun of someone whose first language isn't English. It happened multiple times to the same poster, in different threads.

I like the term. It works. It's kind of a humerous analogy. People are now fond of it.

Okay, maybe there was some funnin' in the beginning. :-#

Its nice to hear about a happy ending.

That remains to be seen. They didn't offer to cross-ship a new guitar...

They have to "evaluate" it to see if the burg in fact exists.

Presuming they determine that I wasn't lying, perhaps they'll send back something really nice... like one that doesn't rattle.

With production shut down for another month or so, it looks like it might be awhile before I get anything back.

I'm still confused... what was really in that guy's (and your) guitar?

It sounds like a chunk of sawdust/shaving rattling around inside the chamber - not unlike a pick in an acoustic guitar.

I'm not really sure what it is.

I wouldn't think sawdust or a chip of wood would make any noise inside a wooden guitar...

Maybe it's a large chip.

I don't know what it is.