Gibson Brands Forums

J45 -Two piece top?

wetwonder

Hi this is my first post as I'm trying to enter the Gibson line with a J45. My first real guitar.

I've seen a 2002 VS sunburst for sale with a piezo pickup that I suppose was installed after market - no preamp. My question concerns:

The front is two-piece, like you would see on the back of many quality guitars. Is this correct? It raised a flag with me so I just wanted to confirm with some knowledgeable folks before considering it any further.

Thanks,

Dave

absolutely. nothing wrong with that particular feature. are there other things that make you think it may not be legit?

Thanks for the info. And there is nothing else that was concerning me. I just realized that I wasn't sure if I'd ever seen a j45 with a two piece top. There are some J45 players around here at the open mics I play and gigs. I never really looked that closely at them, so I just wanted to check with you all.

Hi this is my first post as I'm trying to enter the Gibson line with a J45. My first real guitar.

I've seen a 2002 VS sunburst for sale with a piezo pickup that I suppose was installed after market - no preamp. My question concerns:

The front is two-piece' date=' like you would see on the back of many quality guitars. Is this correct? It raised a flag with me so I just wanted to confirm with some knowledgeable folks before considering it any further.

Thanks,

Dave[/quote']

99.9% of acoustic guitars have two peice tops. The exceptions being some prewar Martins and Gibsons that had four piece tops and a rare later Martin here and there as well with a four piece.

Archived